What's it Worth? Valuation?? 1984 Mustang Notchback coupe, 5.0 5-speed, sunroof, Very Rare

mercury-man

Mar 17, 2022
Texas
Thinking about selling very original 1984 Mustang LX notchback coupe. Would appreciate thoughts as to what would be a fair price to ask.

thanks

5.0 5-speed
Pristine Interior is 100% original
Exterior is 80% original paint
86k miles
No rust
Original spare has never been on ground
Has to be one of the nicer and more original 1984 Mustang notchback coupes
115.jpg
116.jpg
sun roof.jpeg
IMG_7733.JPG
IMG_7741.JPG
114.jpg

110.jpg
111.jpg
122.jpg
123.jpg
marti snapshot.jpeg

Attachments

• 101.jpg
    101.jpg
    268.8 KB · Views: 30
  • 113.jpg
    113.jpg
    971.3 KB · Views: 31
  • Sponsors (?)

It was sold new at Shuler Ford in Soda Springs, Idaho. As best I can tell, I am either the third or fourth owner.

It has the "Road Abrasion" factory option of pebbled paint along the lower panels. The factory pebbled paint is in remarkable original condition.

Still hoping someone will give me some idea of what my Mustang might be worth.

Hagerty Insurance has a “valuation tool” on their websight. According to that, a 1984 Mustang 5.0 Coupe in Excellent condition is at 15,000. The same car in “concours” condition is at 28,000.
Those numbers are just from a simple search of your year and model without specific options, extras, etc.….. There is an option on their websight to enter your VIN which I assume would yield a more specific result.
Make an account and try the valuation tool with the VIN option or send me a PM and I will enter it for you if you want (I have an account).
You’re likely more to the right of that 15-28k valuation.

IMG_7216.png

Those chrome mirrors throw me off every time. Just don't look right, even though I know they're original.

It's certainly not a concours car, but it appears to be in excellent condition. But it does have 86k miles on it, so..........

The car is all original, including even the weather stripping which looks like it would have looked when this Mustang was brand new. I was told that the original owner installed seat covers when this car was new, which must help account for its pristine original interior. Even the original headliner is perfect.

Yes, the chrome is all original. Based on my research, '84 Mustangs with the chrome mirrors and chrome door handles are few and far between. To me, the chrome gives this car a very striking appearance.

As the Marti report shows, there were only seven 1984 Mustangs with the same configuration as this one. And, with the sunroof, I have to think this Mustang might be a one of one, all of which, in my opinion, make this car hard to value. Notchback coupes are fairly rare and, I think, original 5.0 5-speed ones are especially rare.