VENT : I can't stand this shop sometimes

Status
Not open for further replies.
pleasehelp said:
This sounds like an episode of Overhaulin' but this is taking more than a week to do. When you get your car it should be gold plated all the way to the lugnuts and have a jet engine in it. :shrug:

i would seriously consider you reporting this company to the Better Business Bureau. Friend or no friend this is rediculous that they have played you like a guitar for the past 2+ months. I simply wouldnt have it!

• Sponsors (?)

ok no car yet but it should be reday by 2morrow now. he said he had to wait for some gasket to come in, and thats all that has to be done on the car. o yea and i did i mention we are paying under 1,000 for labor? will post up when i have some more info.

he told me he got the gaskets on next day air so they will be in tomorrow hopefully...then he is goin to put them on nad we are paying under $1,000. thanks for the site i might need that lol, cuz i am thinking about filing a complaint anyway.

AndrewBodine said:
I'd write them a check and cancel it!

Let them wait for their money. Let them take you to court. You might stand a chance.

:rlaugh: I like that idea. And then call them and tell them the replacement check will be there on monday.... no weds....wait fri. Ok the ck will be there next thursday for sure. Did I say next thurs? I meant the the 5th thursday of next month.... :owned:

AndrewBodine said:
Do it! If they think they are deserving enough of the $1,000, then they will pursue it in court. Then plead your case there.

Whats the worse that can happen? you have to pay them?

court fees. but actually, this sounds like a valid course of action. as long as you have ALL of your facts written down and times u called (logged on stangnet :)) and don't sound like you just threw the case together, i think you could easily win

downside: possible pay $500 max

you need to start going there every day. not calling as that has just seemed to get them "another day". You need to take notice of stuff like where the parts are, what stage of install/assem. the car is in. This sounds like a bad run around.

He has the motor in just needs to put on the exh.?

he has the exh. but missing a gasget (what shot does not have a friggin gasket when they have had the car for more than 1 week????)

the guy got hurt, well that suxs if he did, but when I get hurt I still finish my JOB/WORK.

ALso make it clear that the shop has been very, slow and reluctant to get moving on your car while other people are in the store. Just happen to hang out in the waiting area/lobby and bring up how big a hassle it is. If they call the cops tell them the story and your there to watch your property/money and happen to have a phone bill that has the # of times you have called about the car. File a complaint and file one from every friends house so there are diff. numbers to the coplaints to make it look like a cronic problem. If you dont have a recpt./ and have paid for the service contact the law and a lawer for theft/excesive negligence(sp?) or anything else that might work.

QUIT letting them walk on you or you will go threw life letting things like this happen.

blksn955.o said:
you need to start going there every day. not calling as that has just seemed to get them "another day". You need to take notice of stuff like where the parts are, what stage of install/assem. the car is in. This sounds like a bad run around.

He has the motor in just needs to put on the exh.?

he has the exh. but missing a gasget (what shot does not have a friggin gasket when they have had the car for more than 1 week????)

the guy got hurt, well that suxs if he did, but when I get hurt I still finish my JOB/WORK.

ALso make it clear that the shop has been very, slow and reluctant to get moving on your car while other people are in the store. Just happen to hang out in the waiting area/lobby and bring up how big a hassle it is. If they call the cops tell them the story and your there to watch your property/money and happen to have a phone bill that has the # of times you have called about the car. File a complaint and file one from every friends house so there are diff. numbers to the coplaints to make it look like a cronic problem. If you dont have a recpt./ and have paid for the service contact the law and a lawer for theft/excesive negligence(sp?) or anything else that might work.

QUIT letting them walk on you or you will go threw life letting things like this happen.

god. exactly what i would of said if i wanted to type that out. Seriously though dude. Take off your skirt and start throwing some elbows. Show up to the shop e-v-e-r-y-d-a-y.

You need to start documenting everything YESTERDAY. Get in contact with a lawyer now. I don't see this ending in a good way for you unless you prepare to take a stand. I also wouldn't want to drive any engine these guys put together for you now!

Status
Not open for further replies.