Vortech Supercharged Oil

Garyj92

Nov 28, 2017
Hey curious for the guys running superchargers here vortech v1 for me, tapped into the oil pan so not self contained. What oil weight you guys running? My cars driven spring to summer Canadian summers max of 35 degrees Celsius. Getting a whole alot of different mixed answes between running royal purple 20 50?? Or royal purple 10 40?? Whats the difference?

• Sponsors (?)

Hey curious for the guys running superchargers here vortech v1 for me, tapped into the oil pan so not self contained. What oil weight you guys running? My cars driven spring to summer Canadian summers max of 35 degrees Celsius. Getting a whole alot of different mixed answes between running royal purple 20 50?? Or royal purple 10 40?? Whats the difference?

See the attached file for the installation of your supercharger. The instructions state:

5 quarts SF rated quality engine oil

I don't imagine that you're running 20w or 50w oil in your motor now unless you live in the desert. The supercharger doesn't create a reason to start running oil of that weight now.

That unit is relatively low boost and sits in a circulated bath of oil. Run the oil that's best for the motor and is SF rated.

If you want opinions on what oil people prefer, create a new thread in the General/Talk section.

Attachments

• Vortech-Ford_Driver_s_Side_Renegade_System.pdf
    175.5 KB · Views: 324