Vortech V2 + 4" power pipe, do we keep the MAF bracket?

Xcessiv

Jul 16, 2004
Hi!

I'm wondering... For the '99-'04 GT owners who installed a 4" powerpipe on their Vortech V2, did you guys use the original metal MAF bracket or if you simply installed the rubber MAF reducer?

Thanks!

• Sponsors (?)

Yes. Install the airfilter/maf bracket/maf first from inside the engine bay, then rotate the powerpipe till it fits in, then silde under the car and pull the powerpipe into the coupler on the top of the maf, tighten the hose clamp, and you're good to go. Done it 100x, and it still is no fun lol.

Did you guys have to cut the Anderson pipe to allow braket fitment like the OEM pipe?

Did you have hood clearance problems?

Did you keep the provided 4" - 4" + reducer elbow?

Did you guys have to cut the Anderson pipe to allow braket fitment like the OEM pipe?

Did you have hood clearance problems?

Did you keep the provided 4" - 4" + reducer elbow?

I have MPH pipe, which is nearly identical to the AMS pipe. I didn't have to cut anything.

No hood clearance problems what so ever.

I'm not sure, for me it's just filter, maf bracket, maf, 4" coupler, powerpipe, 4" -> blower elbow.

He s talking about the provided elbow from AFM witch is a 4 in to 4 in with a reducer in one end that goes into the blower.

Some people ditch it and got a true elbow that is a 4in to 3.5 in to avoid the elbow to come out of the blower.

Did you guys kept the elbow that came with the kit?