Exhaust Want to add cats

• Sponsors (?)

JD1964

there is enough sticking out to grab on to
5 Year Member
Jun 28, 2013
Maryland
Ok I now understand I need to put cats as close to engine as possible for them to be efficient at what they are designed to do.

I need to look under my car to see what space I have to splice in cats up front. I'm running an X pipe now, not an H. The X is just aft of the bell housing so it's closer to the front than some of the other aftermarket X and H pipes I see online now. I like the current X I have because just aft of the X is my wideband sensor. I like it there since it will sample a mixture of both engine banks. I dont want to change to a pipe that puts an X or H aft of the wideband sensor.

7991LXnSHO

wanna catch the space herp
10 Year Member
Sep 1, 2010
Kearney, NE
Ok I now understand I need to put cats as close to engine as possible for them to be efficient at what they are designed to do.

I need to look under my car to see what space I have to splice in cats up front. I'm running an X pipe now, not an H. The X is just aft of the bell housing so it's closer to the front than some of the other aftermarket X and H pipes I see online now. I like the current X I have because just aft of the X is my wideband sensor. I like it there since it will sample a mixture of both engine banks. I dont want to change to a pipe that puts an X or H aft of the wideband sensor.
That brings up another issue. Your wide band sensor is in a spot where it’s a combined reading, but primary O2 sensors are also put ahead of the cats and work well hot. A dual reading gauge and two bungs for wide band sensors in front of your cats might be an answer to get it all to work.
Are you running the sensor to keep sn eye on how the car is running or is it hooked into an aftermarket EFI?

JD1964

there is enough sticking out to grab on to
5 Year Member
Jun 28, 2013
Maryland
The wideband is there primarily to monitor fuel mixture under boost. It’s not being used for active engine management in any way.