Went to install the JLT I bought from a board member and... :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

95.0Stang

Feb 20, 2003
Kansas
I bought this from a board member several months ago and just never had time to do anything with it, went to install tonight, but was disappointed it was broken. I decided to email JLT with the following message...we will see what happens.

I know I did not buy this directly from your company, but it is a JLT Performance part I bought from another guy who decided to go a different route with his car several months ago. I never even opened the box until today, I work in finance and this industry is going downhill fast as I am sure you have heard.

Anyhow I finally opened the box to install the CAI tonight and I was HIGHLY disappointed to find the following:
View attachment 255935
View attachment 255936
View attachment 255937
View attachment 255938
View attachment 255939

This is for #CAI-FMG-9604

I am NOT asking for a refund or any special treatment, I am simply asking you to replace this tube as the system is absolutely useless as is. In my view this is a manufacturing issue.

Please let me know what we can do ASAP!

Thank You,
Jared

• Sponsors (?)

So when you got the item from the previous owner you didnt open the box to look at it at all? :shrug: Not sure what JLT will do, they are a good company, but I would think one would open the box to make sure the parts are ok when you recieve them right away.

Honestly I got it in February or the start of March, it was COLD out still here in Kansas and I was having some medical issues also so I put it aside and never opened it, the first time thats ever happened. I am typically the one that gets something in the mail and has it on the car in 24-48 hours, but afterputting it aside I forgot about it for the most part.

Just to be clear I am in no way blaming the board member...I am blaming JLT, NO intake should do this, and thats just common sense, there really is NO excuse for this at all whether it happened at the factory or in shipping makes no difference, I open the box and remove the wrapping around the tube and it falls apart in my hand, and NO I AM NOT A FREAK STRENGTH TRAINER!!! LOL

All I am asking for is that one tube and they can have this one back, I dont see the problem and if I made the tube I would have no problem standing behind them.

I bought a kit from JLT. After running it on the car for several months the tube had a crack in it. I emailed them with pictures of it. They quickly sent me out another one. They are a great company to work with. They told me to keep the old tube. Good luck with it. Pearl02.

The UPS guy might as well be Santa. When I'm expecting something, I check the tracking data hourly until I see it's been delivered. Then I find an "excuse" to leave the office to run home and look at my new toys (could be anything from speakers to golf balls, to movies). One benefit of living 3 miles from work. :D

I don't think I'd have the willpower to wait more than 10 minutes to open it after getting home, much less a few months...

I don't see how JLT is responsible in any way here. The current owner cannot state whether the tube was mishandled by the prior owner or damaged in shipping. The current owner should get his money back from the previous owner but probably feels awkward doing so because so much time has passed.

While it doesn't seem like it'd be JLT's fault in this situation, from what I've heard they seem to be a very good company. As said before, that tube won't cost much at all. I know companies are real good with that kind of thing. This past Christmas, I ordered my mom a set of 05 and up sequential tail lights from American Muscle. I did something wrong apparently, and one of the harnesses wasn't working properly. American Muscle knew it was my fault, acknowledged what I did, yet still had a brand new set of two harnesses at my door the next day. Your letter to them is well written, and respectful, and I don't think they'll have any problems sending you a replacement tube. :nice:

While I agree that JLT shouldn't be responsible, I can't hardly fault the previous owner either.

Had it been opened/revealed it was broken when it was sent, yes, the seller should be willing to work on a solution. But given that it's been months, I don't see how they should be responsible for anything.

Unless the seller has the part returned and they go to JLT, which still isn't exactly right (moral).

The UPS guy might as well be Santa. When I'm expecting something, I check the tracking data hourly until I see it's been delivered. Then I find an "excuse" to leave the office to run home and look at my new toys (could be anything from speakers to golf balls, to movies). One benefit of living 3 miles from work. :D

I don't think I'd have the willpower to wait more than 10 minutes to open it after getting home, much less a few months...

DITTOS bro - I'm exactly the same way. :nice:

3 things -

#1 - JLT would be awesome if they did indeed replace the tube. Cheap for them and great PR...keep us posted. I'd love to hear the outcome.

#2 - I think your pipe was damaged in shipping. I truly doubt that is a manufacturer's defect. In your pics, the box doesn't appear to be too sturdy. I'm sure UPS dropped it from some frightening heights, then tossed bowling balls onto it. Happens all the time. Now if this were the original packaging from JLT, you probably stand a decent chance in receiving a replacement from them.

#3 - My lil story about PR and American Racing - I love their rims, but their PR does not exist. As some of you know, I had AR Torq Thrust 2's on my Black 02 GT, then I mounted them on my Mach. Awesome look, great quality wheels. BUT, when I bought them, they were listed on their website as SN-95 specific. Nowhere did they state that the wheels would not fit a Cobra, Bullitt or Mach due to the larger front brake calipers. On my 02 GT, I had the Cobra brake upgrade. I ended up adding MM spacers and ARP studs - a cost of about $170. On the Mach, of course, same size brake calipers, same issue. This time, without the fanciness of the calipers, I simply ground down the calipers for clearance, then painted em with black ceramic caliper paint.
So, what's my beef with American Racing? They simply didn't respond at all to 3 different emails and 2 USPS snail mails, the last sent certified. I wasn't even asking for a refund or anything of the sort. More than anything, I just wanted them to ACKNOWLEDGE the issue, make a FOOTNOTE on their website, and just RESPOND with some sort of verbiage. :shrug:
I explained my story in detail. I enclosed a couple of pictures. I gushed about how sexy the rims are. What did I get in return? Not one word. Nothing. Zip. Zero. Nada.
To me, that's a death sentence. I'll never buy from them ever again. :ban:

Again, please keep us posted. (I'm in need of a new CAI and JLT is at the top of my list). Best of Luck! :nice:

Again, please keep us posted. (I'm in need of a new CAI and JLT is at the top of my list). Best of Luck! :nice:

And that is way JLT needs to help out. word of mouth on these forums. if they dont twogts4us might catch wind of it and decide to go with a different brand.

Edit:
I wouldn't send you an empty box let alone one with a new tube in it. Just glue it together and check your used parts when you get them next time.

and if V_Eight ran JLT they would no longer be in business

Status
Not open for further replies.