What do i need to do to prepare to run dr's?

IndyBlk5.0

Nov 24, 2003
New Whiteland, IN
I want to run drag radials, my suspension is pretty much stock, (with sensatrac shocks, which probably dont help any) and 3.73 gears in the rear, and im getting subframes put in shortly. What do i need to do to make sure i wont be blowing out my rear end when i run drag radials? Also, what about the torque boxes? I want to be able to launch hard and not worry about my rear end exploding, thanks!!!!!!!! :nice:

• Sponsors (?)

tq boxes will help a great deal as well with the subframes...8.8's r solid and I dont think you have to worry about blowing the rear with just dr's.....now if you were launching on slicks at 5 grand then thatd be a different story, but with dr's you will be fine

Yeah, if you plan to actually launch the car hard, I would look into a product like "battle boxes". I think a guy on here Rick 91GT sells a torque box reinforcement kit for a really reasonable price. May want to look into that.

yeah , i was really surprised when i looked at my torque boxes that there were no rips, or cracks or anything. I want it to keep that way. So are you saying i should just keep my rear end the same? and do the torque boxes? I might want to do a couple 4k launches...

With the majority fo the factory setup back there you won't been launching THAT hard...the factory setup just isn't up to the task. I wouldn't worry too much about it right now, get the DRs and see how it runs -- then go from there. I would guess the first thing you would lose if you started hooking up is the trac-lok.

Now that's not to say doing anythign would be a bad thing -- I just wouldn't expect to bolt on the DRs, drop the clutch at 6000RPMs and pull 1.3 short times.

Get TQ boxes welded up when you do the subframes. It's just cheap insurance that will probably save you money in the long run.

If your clutch is pretty new you'll be fine.