Fox What replacement window channel molding do you guys use on an early Fox?

CtCarl

Apr 27, 2002
Southern Connecticut
I bought a Daniel Carpenter Mustang E9ZZ-6121507 window channel weatherstrip kit from LMR, but it definitely doesn't match the original..

One edge of the original weatherstrip has a substantial "lip", and the new stuff doesn't. Without the stiff "lip" to stop it, the new weatherstrip pushes up unevenly into the door channel, leaving gaps between the top of the window and the weatherstrip.

With a later model Fox it wouldn't be as much of a problem, but my '87 doesn't have an adjustable window stop, so you can't just crank the window up higher to seal it.

For anyone with an early Fox, what part did you use?

• Sponsors (?)

Here's a comparison of the factory original and the crappy Daniel Carpenter part.
New vs OEM molding.jpg

I just did this a few weeks ago. The original rubber had turned to hard plastic. It came out in 100's of pieces, so I can't tell if it looks like yours. Use a paint stick to push it into the channel. I agree, it doesn't seem to push up in all the way. The small gap above the window tinting shows about 1/4 inch. Over time, I think it will seat deeper. I don't think any of the Fox's had adjustable window stops.