what size slick?

so im looking at buying some slicks and i wanna know what size will fit my 10holes the best? i have no quadshocks and i ve allready adjusted (read hammered) the fenderwell. what can i fit without having rubbing issues?

thx in advance

• Sponsors (?)

are 10 holes 15x7?

If so you will be limited in rim width before you a limited by fender width.

265's would be pushing it...

Also depends on the brand. Some run smaller than others.
i.e. my Firestones are 1" wider than my Kumho's and both are 245's

I would suggest a wider rim.

5.0fox said:
i would like to see the pics of the 10.5's mounted on the 10 holes. 8.5's dont seem like they will be enough for my mods plus a 75 shot in the near future.
8.5's are More than enough for your mods even if you spray it.

You may even go slower with the 10.5's.

The best size slick is the smallest one you can get away with without spinning. A bigger slick is just more resistance.

Also take into account the diameter of the tire. Measure around the tire with a soft tape measure. This is a more important measurement than how tall they are.

Get a tire that compliments your gear for opimum max HP for RPM. You should be trapping at or a little over your peak HP/RPM.

onefstsnake said:
Wouldnt the 2 tires be the same if their heights were the same?

A taller tire would have a larger circumference...
No.

You would be surprised with the differences between even 2 of the same size brand new slicks.

I have seen some big differences before.

You would assume they should all be exactly the same but they are not always that way.:shrug:

I run HOO-17400 Hoosier Quick Time Pro D.O.T, 26.0x9.5-15LT, on my 15x7 10 holes, and they work great, then even fit dispite the fact I have Eibach sportlines on it, I will try to post a pic tonight.

on those rims, at about 20 psi with my car on the ground they are about 25.5" tall from the ground to top of tire

here some pics

Attachments

• tire.JPG
    tire.JPG
    37.3 KB · Views: 341
  • tire2.JPG
    tire2.JPG
    32.3 KB · Views: 875
04sleeper said:
8.5's are More than enough for your mods even if you spray it.

You may even go slower with the 10.5's.

The best size slick is the smallest one you can get away with without spinning. A bigger slick is just more resistance.

Also take into account the diameter of the tire. Measure around the tire with a soft tape measure. This is a more important measurement than how tall they are.

Get a tire that compliments your gear for opimum max HP for RPM. You should be trapping at or a little over your peak HP/RPM.

I agree with him.

if going "slick", I'd run a 26x8.5-15.
if going "dot", I'd run a 26x10.5-15.

Slick and DOT are measured differently.
2 sizes above are actually the same size.