What Throttle body should i get, and some more ?'s

cyberwolf1986

Aug 17, 2005
Guys, im stuck with this ?. I looked around for the answer, but i really couldnt find the answer to my ?. For my birthday im getting a 2400-2600 TQ converter and 4.10 Rearend. I'm also getting a C&L kit( heat sheild, maf, and pipe) and a set of underdrive pulleys. Over the winter im going to purchase the Twisted wedge H/C/I combo, but im also getting 500 bucks for my bday so i have money for a Tb and Headers( My headers i have now have 2 bolts missing and one almost out, i want knew ones). So here is my ?'s. I want to get a 70mm Tb cuz i would think bigger is better since im gonna get the H/C/I, but i wanted to know if i was going to lose Hp now cuz im takin the car to the track before i store my car. I also was thinking y would i get a 65mm, dont we have them in our cars already.. I also would like to know what headers are the best ones( No long tubes, i have to pass emissions) and which X-pipe with cats is good. I was thinking a pair of Mac Equal length with a Bassani or Magna flow X. I already have an Amercain Thunder Cat-back and Fipk Kit. Thanx alot Guy's. The car is a 1994 gt auto conv.

Ps. i ran 15.7 at the track with the headers,cat-back, and fipk. I wanted to know where would i be at after gears, TQ converter, C&L kit, Pulleys, all bolted headers,Throttle body, and a X-pipe. I'm hoping for mid 14's, but i doubt ill get there wit my luck. And the 15.7 i got wasnt from a bad launch, my car doesnt even spin the tires, all i did was brake trq at 1700 rpm and then take off. Sorry for the really long post guys. thanx again

• Sponsors (?)

bigger is not better.the 65 will be fine on a n/a motor.i got a 70mm just cuz.i wouldnt waste the money on the c&l though.look at the pipe on it for out cars,give me a break they cant come up with a straighter pipe?im running a pro-m 80mm with a andersonfordmotorsport power pipe,yes guys i got it on.go to there website and look at this thing,it looks awesome and its straight.its gonna cost more for the pro-m and the pipe but it is worth it.you can search this forum and read about the problems people have with there c&l's.

cyberwolf1986 said:
Guys, im stuck with this ?. I looked around for the answer, but i really couldnt find the answer to my ?. For my birthday im getting a 2400-2600 TQ converter and 4.10 Rearend. I'm also getting a C&L kit( heat sheild, maf, and pipe) and a set of underdrive pulleys. Over the winter im going to purchase the Twisted wedge H/C/I combo, but im also getting 500 bucks for my bday so i have money for a Tb and Headers( My headers i have now have 2 bolts missing and one almost out, i want knew ones). So here is my ?'s. I want to get a 70mm Tb cuz i would think bigger is better since im gonna get the H/C/I, but i wanted to know if i was going to lose Hp now cuz im takin the car to the track before i store my car. I also was thinking y would i get a 65mm, dont we have them in our cars already.. I also would like to know what headers are the best ones( No long tubes, i have to pass emissions) and which X-pipe with cats is good. I was thinking a pair of Mac Equal length with a Bassani or Magna flow X. I already have an Amercain Thunder Cat-back and Fipk Kit. Thanx alot Guy's. The car is a 1994 gt auto conv.

Ps. i ran 15.7 at the track with the headers,cat-back, and fipk. I wanted to know where would i be at after gears, TQ converter, C&L kit, Pulleys, all bolted headers,Throttle body, and a X-pipe. I'm hoping for mid 14's, but i doubt ill get there wit my luck. And the 15.7 i got wasnt from a bad launch, my car doesnt even spin the tires, all i did was brake trq at 1700 rpm and then take off. Sorry for the really long post guys. thanx again

if you do get the 70 dont put it on until you get the H/C/I. stock tb is 60mm. you might be better of with the 65 unless you have plans for a power adder down the line.

As far as TB answers, well you're gonna get a billion opinions. I figure, just get the flow numbers of your intake manifold. If the intake manifold can flow 1000 CFM, then buy a TB that can flow AT LEAST that much, regardless of its size.I would start my search at 75mm TBs though, as Trick Flow machines their intakes to accept 75mm TBs from the factory.

adam

75mm tb when you do the h/c/i. Theres gotta be a reason why Ed Curtis (and many other big names) recommend 75mm tb's for good h/c/i 302.s Think outside the box and beat those who settle for medeocrety ;)

if i put on the 70mm Tb will i lose power when i head to the track?I looked for problems with the C&L, and i found just one bad post about it. To me it looks like a good performer,especilly for the price. Does ne one have it in here that like the C&L piece.

70mm tb will be fine. I like to match the tb to the manifold inlet which for the TFS intake is 75mm. If you have a stock tb and are buying a new one, 75mm is ideal.

you dont need the 75 that people are telling you to get,but if it makes you feel better,by all means by one.if you read the thread i posted you'll see why it doesnt mean you'll be making more power with the bigger tb on a n/a motor.and no it will not hurt if you go with a 75,its no better than the 65.its just your motor only moves x amount of air,and if the tb flows more cfm than the motor is using then where are you benifiting?the motor can only move so much and it doesnt matter if the tb flows more,
read the thread i posted.george klass can explain it better than me.i aksed him why accufab doesnt make tb's for the 94-95 and he said they made 3 sizes 65-70 and 75 and neither one of the 3 made more hp than the stock one on our cars so they dont sell them.he said he didnt want to sell the pieces if they didnt make any hp benifit.and he explains why they dont to.keep in mind that this is a forum for our cars so someone saying stuff works on a fox car,it doesnt mean its going to work on ours.

cyberwolf1986 said:
if i put on the 70mm Tb will i lose power when i head to the track?I looked for problems with the C&L, and i found just one bad post about it. To me it looks like a good performer,especilly for the price. Does ne one have it in here that like the C&L piece.

no complaints with the c&l here. i like it

Go no bigger than a 70mm TB. The reason why Ed (as you notice in my sig. I have purchased much from him so this isn't bias) suggest getting a 75mm TB is because he is all about power. If you want good power and driving manners just stick with less than 70mm TB. It will flow plenty...I promise!

That sounds good, i will end up getting the 70mm Tb and im gonna end up getting the C&L kit. I just have to figure out which headers(old ones are missing bolts and look terrible) and X-pipe i need to get

If you got the cash for Bassani headers, go with them. They are nickel plated and will last forever. If you can't shell that kind of cash get MAC ceramic coated headers. Make sure whatever header you decide on is coated. Magnaflow, Bassani, Prochamber will all bolt up fine with what header you get.