WHAT'S NEEDED FOR COUPE TO FASTBACK CONVERSION?

Hey I can appreciate that. I'm the same way. 1200 for an Air to water intercooler ? Nope. Buy the same core they use, and make it myself for 400. A lot of customers come in and dump tons of money into a car they know it never be worth when it's done. i don't see this being any different. BUT, that being said. The same car one a cpe, one a fastback, the fastback I think would be worth more, even though it's fake. ALthough not as much as a real fastback.
So here's what I would do.
Call Dynacorp and see if you can buy just a top from them. Replace you qrtr panels with full fastback qrtr panels. That should be the biggest hurdle right there. Cut your roof off at the lead points and have at it.

• Sponsors (?)

So here's what I would do.
Call Dynacorp and see if you can buy just a top from them. Replace you qrtr panels with full fastback qrtr panels. That should be the biggest hurdle right there. Cut your roof off at the lead points and have at it.

Guys, we are talking a 66 body here. Although the rear 1/4 panels, trunk and some other sheetmetal is being reproduced, from a parts car you will need a roof structure, (repro roof skins are available) the entire section in front on the trunk, back window and trim, and countless other interior pieces that are not being made. If you can get the parts, this would not be a difficult project for someone familiar with mustang restoration. looking at your location and willingness to take on the project, I say go for it.

Don't listen to what anyone else says. It's your car, if you want to convert it to fastback then do it! If you do it right you won't be doing anything different than what the factory did. Trunk floors are the same between fastback and coupe.

Looking around this past weekend found this at the south of the island. It's a 66
2+2 with a 302 and C4. Has not been registered in the past 15 years (not running). Doors are 1/2" bondo thick, glass has age spots all around, interior parts missing, suspension completly shot,rear right torque box amost gone,car was hit on driver side so the front frame rail is bended, rear bumper was hit but no damage to body and lots of rust in trunk. The guy is asking $7,000 firm! (see add)

Opinions? Please!

Link to classified add
mustang fastback 2+2, Ford Puerto Rico Clasificados
Untitled.jpg