Whats your Top speed with 4.10s?

Saleen201 said:
Are you sure? How fast do they go, if i remember correctly when i was flying home from Korea (on a 747 obviously) they had the GPS on the screen showing where we were and how fast we were going (along with other info). If my memory serves my right, we were going around 600 mph, maybe 650mph the whole way (maybe i got my numbers messed up). We also had a 90mph tail wind, if that makes much difference.

-Mike

Yea its like 600 something give or take depending on the winds.

BTW- hows life as a civie again? im outa here in 23 days. :banana:

• Sponsors (?)

Joel's98GT said:
egr delete and a bad mil, when something goes wrong with my car, i don't need an idiot light to tell me it's happening. it's been on for a year and a half.

brush up on your math junior.
http://www.corral.net/tech/

my 4th gear wraps to 110mph, how far more will a .68 overdrive gear go beyond that?

110mph @ 6000 RPM in 4th (1:1 ratio) = (?)mph @ 6000 in 5th (.68:1 ratio)
since 6000rpm is on both sides of the = sign we can cancel them out.

110 x 1 = .68 x (mph)
anything multiplied by 1 is always it's self, so we can take that from the equation.

110 = .68 x (mph)
and to solve, get the variable alone by dividing .68 from both sides.

110 / .68 = 161.7mph

my tires are 225/50/16 slightly smaller than stock and the 6000rpm speed isn't dead nuts 110 could be between 109-111, in any case the math is correct.

I have to agree with the check engine light mine has been on for a year just because of the 02 sensors but everything is running fine. And his equation is correct. But the fastest I have gone with 4:10's is about 154mph around 5600 RPM's.

GTsleeper said:
I have to agree with the check engine light mine has been on for a year just because of the 02 sensors but everything is running fine. And his equation is correct. But the fastest I have gone with 4:10's is about 154mph around 5600 RPM's.

Forgot to mention it was on a long slope going downhill. I will find out though on flat surface.

With 4.10's on the stock 245/45/17 goodyears, hit 150 mph on i-75 southbound coming from knoxville heading to chattanooga. The car had 256 rwhp. Forgot what the rpms were? But when i hit 150 i let out. I could have pegged the speedo at 160 mph if i wanted to. With my diablo chip i had no speed limiter. The guys that will tell you, you won't get past 120 or 130 are the guys that haven't seen those speeds before. If you tried you will be albe to peg your speedometer.

Josh

smokin'Red35th said:
The WHO???

The caribinary are more like State Cops.....Only they can and do whatever they want. Sometimes i would see them standing alongside the road pointing at cars and having them pull over....other times they would stand in the middle of the road and stop people

You don't want any of the Caribinary man...they will haul your ass to Italian Jail and nobody wants to go the italian jail nobody

DoubleONegative said:
The caribinary are more like State Cops.....Only they can and do whatever they want. Sometimes i would see them standing alongside the road pointing at cars and having them pull over....other times they would stand in the middle of the road and stop people

You don't want any of the Caribinary man...they will haul your ass to Italian Jail and nobody wants to go the italian jail nobody

ummmm, this wouldnt be personal experience........would it?

This thread is useless without stories!!! :D

StngStr said:

I think i get the general idea, lets take things with a grain of salt, lol. i dont expect anyone study their instrument panel when doing 150mph. that calculator is a big help though, thanks!

I am just trying to decide wheather to put the gears in now, or wait till i get to have some fun on the autostrade first. I got all the information i think i needed, Unfortunately, I am no closer to making my decision than i was before starting this damn thread. :bang: Oh well, Ill see what happens.