Where To Buy 42lb Injectors

• Sponsors (?)

I'd suggest 60lb injectors...they'll give you room to grow.

Avoid used injectors unless they are cheap and you know the guy.

I use 42lb injectors on my turbo car...I know I'll need more eventually. The last thing you want to do is run lean.

Reactions: 2 users
Used on the other site isnt a bad idea. You can also buy the FRPP 47lb versions they sell on 50resto. They will work find for what you're doing.

Reactions: 1 users
Some systems still use the MAF. Others are Speed Density.

That still doesn't explain it.

If I have a mass air meter, any mass air meter, then I would load the transfer function for that mass air meter into the tuner.

The only thing that a "calibrated" mass air meter is good for is trying to fool the EEC into thinking it has a set of injectors that it does not have. The further you get away from the expected 19lb injectors, the less accurate a "calibrated" mass air meter becomes in terms of both resolution and injector pulse as it rises.

That still doesn't explain it.

If I have a mass air meter, any mass air meter, then I would load the transfer function for that mass air meter into the tuner.

The only thing that a "calibrated" mass air meter is good for is trying to fool the EEC into thinking it has a set of injectors that it does not have. The further you get away from the expected 19lb injectors, the less accurate a "calibrated" mass air meter becomes in terms of both resolution and injector pulse as it rises.
Oh, I see. I thought you meant, "why have one" in a general sense.

I'll have to trust you on that then, I have not delved into the inner workings of the MAF system.

Oh, I see. I thought you meant, "why have one" in a general sense.

I'll have to trust you on that then, I have not delved into the inner workings of the MAF system.

I'm sure you were around for the Lightning Mass Air Meter craze. Everyone and their brother swamped to it because the resolution was outstanding and the transfer function was repeatable unit to unit (being an OEM piece).

For that matter, I could take a PMAS unit that is "calibrated" for 60 lb injectors (because PMAS are very accurate in general), load the transfer function (I think they provide both a 12 point and 30 point function) and use it with any size injector I like (even 19s).

This doesn't mean that another meter is not required. A stock Mustang meter for instance, would be too small and would peg with any kind of decent power upgrade. That is more a matter of housing size than transfer function. My only point is that purchasing a meter calibrated for a specific size injector when digital tuning is going to happen anyway, is not necessary. The emphasis should be placed on capacity and resolution.

Reactions: 1 user
I'm sure you were around for the Lightning Mass Air Meter craze. Everyone and their brother swamped to it because the resolution was outstanding and the transfer function was repeatable unit to unit (being and OEM piece).

For that matter, I could take a PMAS unit that is "calibrated" for 60 lb injectors (because PMAS are very accurate in general), load the transfer function (I think they provide both a 12 point and 30 point function) and use it with any size injector I like (even 19s).

This doesn't mean that another meter is not required. A stock Mustang meter for instance, would be too small and would peg with any kind of decent power upgrade. That is more a matter of housing size than transfer function. My only point is that purchasing a meter calibrated for a specific size injector when digital tuning is going to happen anyway, is not necessary. The emphasis should be placed on capacity and resolution.
Understood - It's redundant.

Because having a calibrated meter - he'd have to buy atleast a 75mm any way , will get him in the ball park on the first start Up. Usually you aren't at the tuner when you fire it up the first time . The afr was pretty good .

I've done it 2 times this way . Both on new engines and I was able to fire it up heat cycle it and put about 50 no boost miles on the car both times before strapping it to a dyno .

Reactions: 1 user