Where to put my money for parts on the 02 mustang?? advice and input thanks

jzhgt19

Oct 16, 2010
hello i have a 2002 mustang gt automatic, stock except CAI. i am looking to upgrade it with about $1,000 to spend thinking lt headers, cams, or gears something along those lines maybe?? I'm looking for some more hp and torque not looking to go supercharged or turbo. it is a daily driver the block of the motor has about 5000 miles the body has around 65000 give me some ideas thanks

• Sponsors (?)

yeah headers are going to cost 1,000 was thinking mac lt headers and h pipe parts like 550 and labor 400 havent seen any cam install price but know a guy at a machine shop going to give him a call tomorrow and see what he says about cams

Cams are for sure out of the question for 1K. You will need a dyno tune which can cost half of your budget not to mention install is close to that 1000 #3 too. I think I've been quoted 1500 lowest for everything with cams and to me, I'm just going to put that towards a blower. Gears are the only way to go and 4.10s at that for an auto

alright yeah i was thinking gears first or headers for some sound and hp. Want it to get up and go faster starting its so slow but once its around 2k rmps and floor it, the car jumps and goes

alright yeah i was thinking gears first or headers for some sound and hp. Want it to get up and go faster starting its so slow but once its around 2k rmps and floor it, the car jumps and goes

How are you on preventative maitanance, that alone is more important then mods, and that alone can cost more then mods.

In my opinion, start making sure your car moves and runs flawlessly then add horsepower.

The cheapest quote I got for installing cams was $850.....just for labor. I was quoted as high as $1500 lol

Gears + Tuner
My gears cost me a total of about $450 (parts and labor). My tuner was around $400. So gears and a tuner will be roughly around $1000 and are a pretty good combo.