Who else is going to ride out this Hurricane?

Yup, I live in Maine and I am super worried about this storm. It is going to be non stop coverage on the tube and I am sure to miss some important programming. The sacrifices that I make...
Did you catch anything from that hurricane that went up into Canada? Nova Scotia and Newfoundland haven't seen anything like that in years! :(
 
I'm about to get destroyed. Looks like a cat 3 eye wall is going over my house. I just put up some plywood. I dont have enough for the whole house. This is going to suck with no elecricity for days. No internet, and my wife that complaines endlessly. I think the General lives in Pasco. Your next
Polk County
right in the middle between cigar city and mickey land
 
It's howling like a freight train. Outer eye wall coming near, and I;m freaking out a litttle. As an older guy I'm thinking if Im messed up how much is this gonna cost. Florida has a high hurricane deductable that you have to pay just to start. Lots of people just moved here, and have never exprienced this. Home depot must of made a fortune. They brought in truckloads of $40 plywood and it was going down fast.
 
It's howling like a freight train. Outer eye wall coming near, and I;m freaking out a litttle. As an older guy I'm thinking if Im messed up how much is this gonna cost. Florida has a high hurricane deductable that you have to pay just to start. Lots of people just moved here, and have never exprienced this. Home depot must of made a fortune. They brought in truckloads of $40 plywood and it was going down fast.
News just said the eye wall speeds are 155 MPH...
 
We rode out Ida last year. That experience made me rethink staying for a Cat 4. It was bad. No real damage but just the worries. The eye passed about 5 miles from us. Slow moving as well so we had sustained 100+ winds for hours. I've been through Katrina, Andrew...a few others up to Cat 3 and no big deal other than inconvenience. This was totally different and we are 100 miles from the coast From now on anything above a 3 and I'm gone.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Ronin38
Sheeet, all of the coastal people are staying here and took all of the gasolline..... Unbelievable the traffic throughout town here.....
 
I'm pretty high and dry (relatively speaking) so nothing floating by but likely will get the trees cleaned out and maybe some sheds/fence damage.
Now mobile home parks are a different story, they call the 'mobile homes' for a reason.
I'll let y'all know.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Ronin38
I'm pretty high and dry (relatively speaking) so nothing floating by but likely will get the trees cleaned out and maybe some sheds/fence damage.
Now mobile home parks are a different story, they call the 'mobile homes' for a reason.
I'll let y'all know.
Yeah my mother in law lives in port st.lucie trailer park community.