Who else is going to ride out this Hurricane?

Wednesday night just after dark, just 4 houses in the neighborhood and on the street, the rest of the street went out about 2 am.
We were also the last in the neighborhood to get power back.
Did you ever get that generator running?
Yes, the carb was gunked up from forgetting to turn OFF the gas petcock the last time I ran some fresh gas through it..... I was pretty PO as I am anal about taking care of my machinery.. Wondering if this was a " getting old sucks" event? LOL
A couple of new orings and some cleaning and it was up and running.... Funny how taking a hot shower and being able to flush your toilets ( well water ) is such an unappreciated everyday occurence when they dont' work.......
I always say, Hurricanes make you really appreciate Tesla and Edison........
 
Last edited:
So I hadn't been to the store in about 10 days or so... Yup, everything went up another dollar and on the way there I notice that gas is jumping up also..... We are fukd....
 
Last edited:
New year.... new hurricane season!

@limp @General karthief - You guys have any severe effects from Idalia?

Here in northeast FL, just some rain (less than predicted tho) and 40mph steady winds with 50+mph gusts. Still under a tornado watch, but looks like the east side of the storm kinda fizzled some, with the worst quadrant moving to the north side of the eye, sparing this corner of the state. Also, on the plus side, I got a day off work!
 
All Y'all stay safe out there.
The power companies here in the panhandle are already taking volunteers and staging for the relief efforts after the storm passes.
 
Eight inches of rain at my house in Sarasota. Every time I think its over another band of rain comes. The last storm my pool cage was destryed for twenty grand. Insurance paid 13K. Missing my covered up 90 Fox LX. Putting a new cylinder head on the Jeep TJ that took its place for a while. Old Jeeps are such crap> I have really beefed up my mechanical skills though.