Who else is going to ride out this Hurricane?

Orlando area here. Still getting heavy wind gust/rain but quick survey of the yard only shows some downed limbs. Still have power which is good although its been flickering here and there so until the wind stops, I'm keeping my fingers crossed.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Ronin38
My ex-SIL rode it out in Lehigh Acres, but I've not heard anything from her in about 24 hours. I know they had some flooding in Ft Myers. Wonder if she still thinks that dealing with storms like this is better than dealing with snow..... :shrug:
 
The NBC nightly news pics were nasty. Even Cherry lived forceffect, that’s a lot of water and damage in places.
@Ronin38
If the straps are not photoshopped, they are likely held to earth anchors like for mobile homes, Newley planted trees etc.
497A96C6-1C9E-4BEA-9755-03CBD879F814.webp
 
Power just came back on. Trees down everywhere, and some are on houses. My pool cage is in the pool that is also full of leaves. I'm very fortunate that this is all I have for problems. I just watched a video on CNN of an older women going up a teather to a helicopter holding her cat. That actually got me worse than anything. Good to be back
 
Good to hear from you, Pete!

I just a picture of a Maclaren P1 bobbing about in the water. That's about a $1 million loss. I don't expect insurance will cover that one.
 
I think there is a $25,000 deductable for hurricane. Imagine that. We will see soon. $12-14 grand for what I need. Plus i need a new roof cause mine is old and ins wants it fixed to renew another $15k. Getting way to old to come up with this. Hopefully all this damage needs some painting, and Ill be busy again. These interest rates have slowed me down to a trickle. They need to stop with the raises they are going to kill a lot of people
 
My sister in law lives in section 8 housing in Massachusetts, and over the last year she is surrounded with Afgans, and Ukrainians. She says they all have small children and new clothes. Plus they are all smoking fourteen dollar packs of cigaretts. I moved out of there at seventeen because I was so pissed how everybody was not working but me. You cant compete with people that live for free
 
My sister in law lives in section 8 housing in Massachusetts, and over the last year she is surrounded with Afgans, and Ukrainians. She says they all have small children and new clothes. Plus they are all smoking fourteen dollar packs of cigaretts. I moved out of there at seventeen because I was so pissed how everybody was not working but me. You cant compete with people that live for free
Say goodbye to America.....
 
  • Sad
Reactions: Ronin38