Will a SC work on a SD car? Educated answers needed!

I know people say to convert to Mass air when doing any engine work, mostly a cam, soo i was wondering if i would entirely HAVE to to get it running right with a blower... Dont just say yah convert to mass air. If ya say that, i want a goooooood explained reasin why it would not work. If it would work, then thats cool. The blower is a vortech A trim pushing out only 6 pounds of boost... thanks

• Sponsors (?)

Yes you can run any of the Vortech kits with a SD, but you need to run the one way check valve installed in the MAP sensor so it doesn't see boost. I installed a A-trim on my buddies 88, we got the check valve from Vortech.

The FMU will work fine....

Obivously you can make SD cars do just about anything you want given a Tweecer, Dyno Tune and custom chip.

The question is why would you want to? Mass Air is more accomodating to changes and would not require dyno time and a new chip everytime you changed something or wanted to adjust the tune a bit. Both Pro-M & Ford Racing Performance Parts have black boxes for Mass Air systems that allow you to tweak the air/fuel ratio and some other values on the fly. See http://pro-flow.com/Electronics Files/Electronics.htm or http://www.thefordsource.com/store/motorsports/electronics.htm

I haven't seen anything like that for SD. Who knows -maybe I missed something, but it hasn't been common knowledge.

Paxton, Vortech and even a Procharger can be run with SD. Just install the check valve and the rest of the install is the same. I have installed the old Paxton units on Mustangs, Thunderbirds and Cougars for years and nothing else needs changed and of matter of fact I can get a stock SD car running better than a MAS car because you won't have the problems of the MAS unit getting false readings and you don't need to return the boost to the intake so you can run a BOV if you want.

TTT. vortech is sending my blower back friday from getting rebuilt..

two questions... What would be the symptoms of NOT running a 1 way check valve... Is this it? Before i heard of doing that, i put the blower on and about 3000 rpm, the engine will studder and fall on its face... anything under that is fine..

and second question. The kid gave me a Greddy blow off valve screwed into the power pipe... How do i hook it up? Where?? And where it goes back into the intake, I am going to leave open..

Thanks

Yup, as soon as it starts to make boost it will just about die, spit and studder...you need that check valve.

The vac line for the Greddy valve just needs to go to a vac source, you really do not need that blow off valve with only 5psi of boost.