Wilwood Sl 6r/4r Bbk For 11' Gt500?

11_500

Oct 11, 2012
Hey guys! I have a bone stock 11' GT500 (w/o svtpp) I am planning to go to more road courses for the next couple months.
Within the long to-be-modded list, the first mod I am looking to do is the brakes. I am searching for a big brake kit on all 4 corners, preferably 6piston front, 4 piston rear

After some googling, I came across the wilwood Superlite 6R(front) 4R(rear) kit, like the one listed below

http://www.stage3motorsports.com/pr...wood-Superlite-6R-14-Big-Brake-Kit-Front.html

Anyone running these kits? How do they perform comparing to the stock Brembo ones?

And call me skeptical, why is this BBK (front) runs around 2k, while similar ones from Stoptech, baer, etc usually costs around 3k? Maybe the piston size? or Monoblock vs. 2pc. caliper?

Any input is welcome! Thanks;)

• Sponsors (?)

Can't help you on the brake selection. Never gone that far into the aftermarket (biggest upgrades I've done is Cobra brakes for my 67 and 95). Best single thing you can do to ensure whatever brakes you install work to the optimum is to do the stainless steel lines and high-quality brake fluid.

I'd say unless your already a steller driver, I'd save the money and hit a few track days/Autocross' first. Stainless hoses and good fluid are a good thing, but I'd hold off on a whole new brake package. If you need to spend money, trackday wheels and tires are good investment.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2

Even if you are a beginner you should get some higher temp pads and fluid. The stock pads are likely to get trashed, but at least they would fade gradually. If you boil the fluid, your pedal can go to the floor with little warning. It might be a better deal to get the brake setup from the 2013 GT500, I have seen some guys on another forum talking about them. I think they were relatively inexpensive for what they are (6 piston as well I think).

thank you guys! I decided to go for pad& rotor&line upgrade plus brake ducts...i'll see how this setup goes :p 13" GT500 front calipers swap was in consideration but had to wait extra time for them so Im holding back on those for now