Progress Thread “Rising from Ashes 5” 86 4 eye T-TOP notch build

• Sponsors (?)

Got a little time to get some work in on the t-top notch. Took some time and tricks but I got the 88 GT fender off my old car that burned lined up to the donor door. And threw on a free bumper thats rough.
D64C39FD-6FA2-43E0-8E53-0880AC85A68E.jpeg
163E5292-7D49-4976-B651-EBBA0C442452.jpeg
AE9B2E2C-E934-4B7F-AE5D-5578D453E1F5.jpeg
E95388AD-60A3-4183-ACED-4BB56CBCC49F.jpeg
FCC01F0A-2006-4C3F-A8F3-2A107CB2B894.jpeg
0B29874C-1DCA-44F4-90B4-AC3DAFC2D179.jpeg
443D60CC-7A3B-4DFE-8FFD-B8138363EDAE.jpeg
A4274136-F771-48D6-A285-3426693F5E20.jpeg

Reactions: 3 users
I'm in the process of stripping down a t top car to modify my coupe. Did you notice the little plastic spacer things shimmed at the doors and the front of the quarter door opening area ? I'm wondering how important they are. I did remove them and will measure the previous locations when I get back out there Saturday.

It sucks that LMR is sold out of the 9 piece weatherstrip kit until Decdmber. Smh.

I've got plenty to keep me busy until spring already.

I'm in the process of stripping down a t top car to modify my coupe. Did you notice the little plastic spacer things shimmed at the doors and the front of the quarter door opening area ? I'm wondering how important they are. I did remove them and will measure the previous locations when I get back out there Saturday.

It sucks that LMR is sold out of the 9 piece weatherstrip kit until Decdmber. Smh.

I've got plenty to keep me busy until spring already.
I’ve done a lot of the T top conversions. I’ve cut up cars from 82 to 87 the one thing that’s consistent is that nothing is consistent. So I wouldn’t worry about any plastic shims I’d just do the conversion the way it should be done… anybody doing one now is gonna do it better than Ford or rather cars and concepts did. For instance Ford used a windshield post reinforcement on their 82 T-Top cars but then in 83/84 it was gone and never used again..would seem like a good idea but they did away with it, So anytime I’m doing a conversion I make copies and use that piece. I found an original 84 5.0 T- top coupe shortly after converting this car which I bought.
I think there were 3/4 things different on it.

Reactions: 1 user
Huh. For some reason, I thought the rear control arms were different for pre-94 and 94+. But those look exactly like the ones I've taken off the 94-95 Mustangs I've owned. Learn something new every day.
The shape of the bushings is different. Later models have [oval] shaped bushings. They're supposed to be a little bit heavier down the spine I haven't weighed them.

Seems like you work on the car for an hour then an hour sweeping the floor.
My floor would be a mess after changing a head light bulb :shrug: for a week :doh:
Lol! Yea. And there was a ton of grit and rust falling from that junk. Dont know if you noticed but I am slightly OCD about things. But I just turn on the fans, use the cyclone blower and away it all goes

Nobody that frequents your threads ever considered that the face of your avatar was covered in cocaine. :shrug:

Juss' Sayin'

Although... :chin First time we see a hooker in the background, the jig is up. :spot:

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users