Progress Thread 1963 Falcor GT?

• Sponsors (?)

63 Sprint. Although there are no badges or trim saying otherwise. I assume it's a Sprint. There is this....Whoever did the conversion to 5 lug did a good job. Looks totally factory as far as I can tell. Doesn't have the stainless trim around the side windows as upper models have.

63 Sprint. Although there are no badges or trim saying otherwise. I assume it's a Sprint. There is this....Whoever did the conversion to 5 lug did a good job. Looks totally factory as far as I can tell. Doesn't have the stainless trim around the side windows as upper models have.
Ok I will edit myself here. I was looking at model info and it seems the Sprint ONLY came with the v8 260. I thought Sprint was the base model but looks like it's just Sedan. This page here shows what I have. I believe even the same color as far as I can tell with a blue interior.

Pg01_a.jpg

I'm not sure but I believe the 289 didn't come out till 65, the 63 would be a 260.
I also remember the 'sprint' package was special trim and chrome stuff on the engine.
No matter, it's the suspension we are IDing so if he wants disc front brakes he needs what from the ford parts bin?I
I know there are kits he can get.

OK I went back and looked at every pic you have posted and I believe you have a 63 Falcon Futura that was born with a 260/3spd. I didn't see a tunnel hump on the driver side to indicate a floor shift- 4spd = Sprint- 3spd column = Futura. The brakes, rear axle, and front suspension (that I could see) looks standard issue 63 Falcon V8.

Ok I see ya there! I didn't get notified but was chekin in and saw ya. So I got the title out. Now don't go tellin me I actually got something good I will have to re think my whole direction!! :doh: Which would be OK too!! :D 3H01S164487

I'm gonna put out there that I think many many people on the internet of falcons are lazy about the difference of 63 and 63 1/2. The roofline is different. The 63 1/2 has an open window design where the window frame is part of the glass going up and down. Theres a better name for it escapes me. My window has no signs of chrome trim around that area nor does it go down. But they do work! They were hidden under leopard spotted panels that covered them up. Also they don't look stripped....I do like those style windows, but I do love my ugly little car.

As far as I know the 63 1/2 thing on the Falcons is myth. They simply used the round 62 roof on the 63 non futuras until they ran out mid year then switched to the square roof. All futuras and Sprints got the squarish Futura roof from the beginning of the 63 model year. Different plants ran out at different times. The hardtops got different windows and associated parts. I'm not sure if the glass was different between the std and the Futura.

OK TODAY, IS A BIG NEWS DAY, The Falcon is a running project! ...and runs real good too!
Today is my dad's birthday, he had a 66' Mustang Fastback (2+2 sticks in my mind? I remember the chrome pony's but there was something beside it, dark blue (he called it Navy, he was Navy, with black interior (at least i remember it was very dark the only light was from the slits in the side louvers!), with a stick and jacked up chrome magnums with red stripes and dual glasspacks out the back. I remember him showing me those pipes after he had'em put on too. That was around '71 when I was around 5.

Yesterday the 31'st, was my birthday, and I finally got the "Little Falcon that could", running ! YAY!! I finished putting the last of the fuel lines in the day before and only a few small things to do the next day to start it back up. I was a little leery about it after trying so many things to no avail. I have learned allot about efi in the meantime. Thats how I realized it wasn't getting the fuel flow it needed in the first place. It would run but wouldnt idle for .... crap, ran like crap too. I started to realize that the engine was getting worse! I wasn't too sure but it seemed like it has progressively gotten worse since I got it, now what would get worse over time ? . . . . a plugged fuel filter! the sock too. . . . and rusty tank! It looked all good! Tank looked good, new filter, new pump. . . .it's a wonder it didn't leak! So a NEW tank was bought. A NEW pickup ( a SPECIAL pickup for efi! more later on that!), all new 3/8" vinyl fuel line (although it has 5/16" parts in it so no benefit) and new return line "fuel return approved" rubber line. All NEW fittings and hangers. Been collecting parts for over a while now finally have them all installed. Takes a while on a budget and all. I appreciate my wife for finding room in our already tight budget to make this happen.

So next will be a pic dump! Haha gotta have pics I was told! You'll gettem!

Reactions: 1 users