1988 turbo 331 TW heads mspnp2

Ok I'll load it and try it out tomorrow.

I wasn't expecting the temperature to drop so low this early in the year. We're in the middle of an arctic jet stream.

• Sponsors (?)

This is what remote tuning is. Especially from 14 hours away. If the car was in front of you it would be done already.

The only way you can test a theory is to have me data log the car with it. There's no failure in the quest for knowledge.... unless you don't learn anything :shrug:

I saw the spike and dip.... didn't really pay any attention to it. I'm too busy trying to dissect irrelevant parts of the data logs. Trying to figure out how you got thecatr to run at just about 100 through the histogram. Or... how to spool a turbo with nitrous...all types of dumb ish....

You got me, Steve. I've got to post the vid. I was shook....running around looking for a vacuum leak. LOL

I even loaded tune 2.0.8 to verify an issue. Then...to my surprise the idle dropped back down ( was at 1600 and running lean ). I immediately reviewed the log looking for answers. Then I saw it.... the PWM Idle Duty. Checking on the idle air control valve are we, Steve ???

I was about to have a melt down....seeing as though I had just messed with a few of the hoses. I did learn something. The log was running the whole time. Two starts on 2.1.0 and the last one with 2.0.8. I'm proud of myself.. I found the difference.

Attachments

• Dusty REV 2.1.0.msq
    119.9 KB · Views: 118
  • 2018-10-19_Dusty.WarmUp.2.1.0.msl
    2.2 MB · Views: 131
Last edited:
The NSS shouldn't be disabled. Unless it was never enabled. The clutch switch is there and hooked up. Can't remember if I verified operation when I did the wiring swap ( I think I did though ).

Duh... the switch at the trans ? I'm not sure my neutral switch is even wired to the transmission... or even if it has one. My t5z has one...but I don't think this one does. The clutch switch works. Car won't start without it. Wired everything like factory.... including the annoying door dingy thingy.

The NSS shouldn't be disabled. Unless it was never enabled. The clutch switch is there and hooked up. Can't remember if I verified operation when I did the wiring swap ( I think I did though ).

Duh... the switch at the trans ? I'm not sure my natural switch is even wired to the transmission... or even if it has one. My t5z has one...but I don't think this one does. The clutch switch works. Car won't start without it. Wired everything like factory.... including the annoying door dingy thingy.
That was the issue then the car never went into closed loop idle.

Reactions: 1 user
So the car never knew it was sitting still. I could check out if I can make one work... but I think the top hat on the t5 is different.

The Warm box in the megalog reads warm until 169. I had to edit this post because the is no Closed Loop box....I thought there was.

So, if we can't use the NSS switch... what can we use ? I could take the wiring and route it to a switch.

The neutral switch runs in parallel with the clutch. So it should see when the clutch is pressed. If I hold the clutch in it should stay in closed loop.

CL idle box is in TS...duh. It doesn't ever light that box up. There has to be a way around this. I could put the T5z in but it still needs a little work... and I wanted to transfer everything into the G Force case.

Last edited:
The car is on ramps at the moment. I want to order the check valve and some more heat shielding for the AC line.

Tried to start the car and it won't start. After a couple revolutions i'll get a sputter but won't catch. I think it's something in the cold start settings. Before this it would start and die and then restart and run.

I'l check it out and report back.

I tried playing with PW and ASE. Nothing worked. Didn't get better or worse. This car has to be tagged by January 27th or no more Dusty.

fuel pressure at 43psi...spark is good. I backed up on the tune to this one previously. It seemed to run a little better at the time....it was also 70+ degrees.

Attachments

• 2018-12-08_Dusty-nostart.cold.msl
    3.1 MB · Views: 101
  • Dusty REV 2.0.8.msq
    120.1 KB · Views: 116