Progress Thread 1990 Lx 5.0 Dark Titanium "one Last Ride"

• Sponsors (?)

Thank brother!

What's a good recommendation for outside mirror paint color in spray bomb? I restore 90's pinball machines (my own) and use a lot of Rust-Oleum semi-gloss black ultra over 2X for a lot of that stuff so have it around. Close match?

Some brake pics and new J&M front brake lines.

IMG_5200.JPG
IMG_5202.JPG
IMG_5205.JPG

Reactions: 2 users
Thank brother!

What's a good recommendation for outside mirror paint color in spray bomb? I restore 90's pinball machines (my own) and use a lot of Rust-Oleum semi-gloss black ultra over 2X for a lot of that stuff so have it around. Close match?
Honestly, I have no idea:shrug:. I've been matching mine to my trim color. Do you have a piece you've already shot the rustoleum on to compare to the rest of the trim?

Confirmed last night it does have 3.73's and extra set of clutch packs. That will save me rebuilding assuming no noise, etc. it was leaking out of the the rear diff is why I pulled the cover. Cleaned up rear and cover with more POR15 and refilled. Hoping no leaks so I can eventually park a car underneath one of the lifts.

Pullled driver seat, cleaned up what I could and more POR15'd. Hoping the carpet can be installed soon. Soaking it in the sun every chance I've been able to so it should be ready.
IMG_5227.JPG
IMG_5229.JPG
IMG_5234.JPG
IMG_5235.JPG
IMG_5236.JPG

Reactions: 3 users
Finally coming together interior-wise. I really wanted to prep some interior parts to paint but it was hot and humid all weekend. So yeah, not good painting weather.

Finished installing sound deadener. I had a box recommended on here from Amazon Amazon product ASIN B012B5EMGOView: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B012B5EMGO/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o05_s01?ie=UTF8&psc=1

and also had some DynaMat that a friend had left over I got from him. With all of this stuff to use, I decided to do the entire floor and the headliner. I have 3 sheets of Dynamat left that I plan on using on the door panels and rear hatch under the spoiler.

This was my first time putting this stuff down and it shows. Just hope it will make a noticeable difference. What isn't covered on the floor in these pics was done after they were taken.

IMG_5241.JPG
IMG_5240.JPG

Reactions: 1 users
The rest of the weekend was spent messing with the driver side window channel weather strip. Yet another PITA much like the passenger side was but glad it's done. Took the time to lube up the window motor mechs on this side as well. I ordered new lock cylinders since they were both rusty and neither were operating. I really don't plan to pull the door panels off anytime soon so figured I might as well do it now.

Carpet prep in the sun over many days really was helpful. It laid out pretty well and glad I listened to advice here for not cutting out the carpet as per the marks. Many were off so I made my own. Driver side is pretty much done. I did install the MUSTANG logo scuff plate on the driver side just to finish it off but they will need painted to match the titanium grey interior. They look like they're a close match to the Smoke Grey but I don't have any to compare to.

IMG_5257.JPG
IMG_5244.JPG
IMG_5243.JPG
IMG_5242.JPG

Loosely put the driver seat in to see how it would fit. It does sit you up high but being 5'11", my head didn't hit the roof. I do have the power seat adjusted all the way back and down. I was going to cut the harness and graft a connection but decided I'm going to make an adapter so I'm not hacking the original harness or the seat harness.

I pulled the premium sound amplifier, air bag box, and installed new clutch a brake pedal pads. Stupid details but they look bad against new carpet. Intend on swapping the airbag wheel this week since I'm right there and already have the box out. Since pulling it, the air bag light stays on obviously so I'll need to pull the bulb too.

IMG_5262.JPG
IMG_5261.JPG
IMG_5258.JPG

Reactions: 1 user
Headliner was last night. It's the 90-91 Titanium interior with ABS backing from TMI. Fits and looks fantastic. Note the extra wire taped off: I will be installing a 92-93 dome light so wanted to run the map light to the new dome light so it has full controls. FYI, if you don't have the original harness for the 92-93 dome light, the power side mirror harness fits the same. I had a broken old mirror motor so the connector was donated to the cause. I have installed the original dome light for now so I can start moving forward but will be an easy swap. I'll still be keeping the front center map light as well.

I have new sun visors (No mirror style) to install but ran out of time last night. The big thing holding me up now is weather so I can paint the interior rear quarter trim and console/associated parts. Looks like somebody tried cleaning the dash too aggressively on the side of the dash that is only seen when the door is open. Hoping to feather some paint on that at least for now so it doesn't look so bad. The new Acme seat covers on the seats look great. I really need to get a set of covers. Was just going to go with ACC no logo mats to match the carpet I installed unless someone suggests otherwise.

IMG_5263 - Copy.JPG
IMG_5263.JPG
IMG_5260.JPG
IMG_5259.JPG

Column is out. I only have one key for both the airbag and the tilt column so ordered a new keys/switch. While in there I was able to see the car does have a clutch quadrant installed. Assuming a UPR as it's a triple hook setup.

$50 for the tilt wheel. The only issue is the key release under the column has been removed. I'm ok with that as I hate the design.

IMG_5283.JPG
IMG_5282.JPG
IMG_5281.JPG
IMG_5275.JPG
IMG_5274.JPG

This bastardized 90 is getting what I call the best of the 87-93 parts: 92/93 dome light, 87-89 tilt wheel, 92-93 power seat, etc. As of last night the $50 Carlisle swap meet tilt column is in and horn working. I wired the cruise control as well but nowhere near close enough to testing. I have no idea if it was working when I bought the car and not too concerned. I didn't get the new keys yet so will wait to put the trim on. Permanently mounted the power seat and wired with a jumper wire I made up to avoid hacking either the car or the seat up if someone would ever want the car back to normal manual seating.

I ended up getting paint from LMR (90-92 Titanium grey to match all the other interior parts I replaced) as my body shop buddy has been busy lately. As much as people complained, I think I got luckier or just not as particular. Most of the parts (The armrest assembly was completely stripped and was Smoke Grey) came out great. I will say that the new console top took 3 coats and its still not looking right. It seems the new parts are hard to get good coverage. The SEM paint prep/degreaser they sell works great. I ran out of paint so not sure if I'll get it all redone or put it in for now so I can get to driving it. I have inspection appointment next Friday so I hope to have this thing mostly wrapped up and at least driving it around to make sure it is ok.

Still need to finish up the carpet on the passenger side/mount front seat, finish the headliner, make a hole in the fenderwell (To put in factory air box/inlet setup), and drive it. I got codes 41 and 91 last night so will check for a vacuum leak somewhere. I'm not that surprised as it does have 5-6 years of sitting and a very good chance it's the same lines that came new in the kit when I bought it for my 93 GT back in 97 or 98. I'm going to put in new o2 sensors as the ones that are in it have stripped heads, one is small diameter, one is a larger diameter, and all the car has done as idle around. And no, this isn't to fix the codes.I went with Ford originals so should be better than whatever crap ones are in there now. :)

IMG_5303.JPG
IMG_5302.JPG
IMG_5301.JPG
IMG_5300.JPG
IMG_5297.JPG

Last edited:
For the 5 people that seen this thread, it's had air box and factory plumbing installed. Took some work as it has 76mm C&L.

Pa Purrformance wire harness installed.

IMG_5333.JPG
IMG_5330.JPG
IMG_5328.JPG
IMG_5327.JPG

Last edited: