2000 Ford Mustang Gt 4.6

Misti

Jun 23, 2019
Doniphan Mo
I have A little Problem!

I had a problem with a hole in my radiator! I work on the road and was at least 4 hrs from home. I hit some derby and the next thing I knew I could smell coolant! I checked it out and it had a good dime size hole just above the drain plug.
I made it to a parts store. They showed me some stuff to put in my radiator that looked like thick white and chalky! With in 3 hrs my radiator stopped dumping coolant out and I now have to change the radiator!
Will a 2000 V6 radiator fit my 2000 4.6 ?? And I have the radiator, fan, hoses, mounts, overflow tank from the V6... so Is it compatible or changable???

• Sponsors(?)

stormsedge

Jun 17, 2018
E. TN
The V6 and V8 radiators carry different part numbers (on Rockauto) and there are visual differences in the photos as well. The V8 radiator is less than $100 at Rockauto...were it me, I'd cut my losses early and ensure proper fit and cooling capacity by putting in a new V8 radiator. My 2 cents.

Reactions: Misti

tsemmett

Jul 2, 2019
US
Having purchased an O'Reilly's stock replacement and had it pretty much immediately develop a leak at the drain cock, I'd say a Mishimoto unit is a good decision. Next time I have to pull a radiator, I'll probably do the same.