2000 Ford Mustang Gt 4.6

Misti

Jun 23, 2019
Doniphan Mo
I have A little Problem!

I had a problem with a hole in my radiator! I work on the road and was at least 4 hrs from home. I hit some derby and the next thing I knew I could smell coolant! I checked it out and it had a good dime size hole just above the drain plug.
I made it to a parts store. They showed me some stuff to put in my radiator that looked like thick white and chalky! With in 3 hrs my radiator stopped dumping coolant out and I now have to change the radiator!
Will a 2000 V6 radiator fit my 2000 4.6 ?? And I have the radiator, fan, hoses, mounts, overflow tank from the V6... so Is it compatible or changable???

• Sponsors (?)

The V6 and V8 radiators carry different part numbers (on Rockauto) and there are visual differences in the photos as well. The V8 radiator is less than $100 at Rockauto...were it me, I'd cut my losses early and ensure proper fit and cooling capacity by putting in a new V8 radiator. My 2 cents.

Reactions: 1 user
Having purchased an O'Reilly's stock replacement and had it pretty much immediately develop a leak at the drain cock, I'd say a Mishimoto unit is a good decision. Next time I have to pull a radiator, I'll probably do the same.