2Blue2's 1977 Cobra2 Driveway Build

Holes in alloy spacer plate are big enough for a 133/424cfm 2barrel carb easy.

nv1eR9iXTnuzSBLYTpYmmQ.jpg

So I kitted it up and slapped it on ( my first FE part on this car ) and its a happy carb. Idles lots better and revs quicker. Off idle bog is gone.

Still won't do a burn out but its closer and wants too, maybe with little more tuning.

Reactions: 1 users
  • Sponsors (?)

New Round tires Yes!
I'm lucky that the old front tires didn't suffer catastrophic failure while I was driving it.
2%OpylWUQtmycgSQdCckWQ.jpg
XRTQEWaeQz+6lXzGqJ08QQ.jpg

Reactions: 2 users
About the only system on this car that has worked ok is the cooling, but It it IS a 50+ year old block and well scale some I bet.
So i got this Tefba/Redline coolant filter thing from Australia. I've always used Gano filter in the past but this one looks easier to service. I wired it both sides because I've had the hoses on a Gano come apart when hot and Not much lip on this one either.
Looks like I'll need a new hose soon, then its ready for real coolant.
It says use the course screen for first 'Fortnight". Lol, I love the Aussies! Lot of real car guys down under!

di2lR5b7Qb60QNjlwvV9aQ.jpg xdXL5Xy4SouWaCnT8vKWsQ.jpg oe%FWbEDTuCJ%HUbGxD+4w.jpg 7lW5Bv8eRu6yD4bE4XMe4w.jpg

It bet it plugs up quick on the first few drives, well see.

Reactions: 2 users
Hatch Weatherstrip install, at least I did something this weekend.
Swapped old club sticker over too. In pretty rough shape, She deserves a new one. Better rejoin the club so I'm worthy.

Rx6TPJ8uQ1CkC69gTimHqQ.jpg 2wV8c3fEQbWPRC3JurTLNw.jpg

With no front valence or spoiler on this cobra2 the front looks like its been wrecked.
I bought this oneyears ago but couldn't stand how it looked way back then and I cut the corners to look more like factory.
This cool coupe only lacks a cool spoiler but thats what it looked like.

M-412__85399.1482908605.380.380.jpg mustang-2-4.jpg s-l300.jpg

Then I bashed it up on some driveways and speed bumps a few years ago. It mounted so low it never had a chance.

3p1fXCIyQXG38XDtJoJy2g.jpg

Last edited:
Started glassing it back together. I figure it just going to get bashed again, so taking the cheap way out.
I priced new stock style valence, spoiler, paint and shipping at over a thou. Yeah not happening.
I'm going to try to mount it higher up on the car this time.
In the picture the spoiler hangs down a full license plate length below the license plate frame.
I'll do more next weekend.

sel2qyiNRlG+JD1BfmiQNg.jpg DSCF0250.JPG

Reactions: 1 user
Found better before picture (its in the avatar duh) I think in this picture (10 yrs ago) it has already had repairs and spray can touch up.
What ever I'm fixing it again/still. Not really a thing of beauty is it. I hope tucking it helps.

IMG_20150311_100348268.jpg

Reactions: 3 users
2Blue2,
A couple weeks ago I read most of this build thread. At one point you replaced the hatch weather strip.
Few questions for you as I'm going to try this tomorrow while I'm waiting for my flywheel to be reconditioned.
Was there a sealant/glue used by the factory to hold the WS in place? It appears so on my hatch.
If so what did you use to clean that up?
What did you use to glue the WS back into place?
Thanks,
Enzio

What did you use to glue the WS back into place?

Weldwood contact adhesive and a disposable paint brush. Weather strip adhesive is the same thing in a tube. Cleans up with Acetone or lacquer thinner. A little glue on the w-strip and a little on the car let tack off and then its sticks right where you put it. That glue is the gallon can in the picture post #204. Don't stretch w-strip on the install, keep very relaxed.
Then lie down till the solvent headache goes away, no huffing the glue damnit.
Good luck Enzio, P.S. we both need to post a video in Lilcobras video thread.

I will as soon as the clutch goes in. I'm going crazy but I've waited since last fall to drive so I can wait a little more.
Thanks for the tip on the adhesive.
Videos on the clutch removal and install starting Wednesday. I'll post links for those who haven't subscribed to my YouTube channel.
Enzio.

Window adjustment went south yesterday.
The culprits; broken guides and a toasted lever wheel.
I imagine one was broke for a while and the other just gave up.

GtrGeIBnRuGc%l9weZ%svA.jpg
8fM%8pFnSZaCEVFxTttaTA.jpg
YX1LnCFRT4qF3m6AN6SNlA.jpg

I got an extra Mutt2 drivers door in the shed. You ca see em in there and they looked good!
I Harvested parts but little wheel is riveted into arm and its worse the the one in car.

A9q89B3+Qr+AYFQ0yb9HaA.jpg
E69Cj0bDSMafoKnbUVz0PA.jpg
4WQ7iWY0Q%yls1ZdQqJaag.jpg

Cleaned the old hard grease off and Slapped it back together hoping the wheel I got has some life left.
It shuts for now. Good enough for the moment I guess.

aitADX5KTKmEFCdPshHdIg.jpg

looking good. We all want to see you get this out there on the road.

I put down about 200 miles on the 289 at this point. She's so slow off the line, but idles in traffic no problem.
Steering and front suspension is loose and she wonders a bit. Stops great and attracts attention everywhere.
The bottle of trans rebuild slowed the trans leak considerably. Slowed not stopped.
The Ujoint is still a clunking and needs some attention.
Ran her out of gas yesterday, Was carrying a gas can and waiting for this moment to install the new sender.
Still sanding the fiber glass and trying to make some brackets for the front spoiler.
Sunroof not as mint as AC but better than nothin.
She's been doing daily driver duties for two weeks+ now. :nice: :D

Now that the gas tank is good and empty, Sender time!

min79JEHQb6bXIHcHeULlQ.jpg

Pulled old one out, you can see the tank sealer on it from way back.
Didn't like the cheap plastic float on new one so swapped for sealer covered brass float , ( hey it floats in the sink good)
Got to go get a couple gallons of gas now to see it it leaks or registers on the gage.

OBZJmtWwQOKdSsoZEYUsoQ.jpg
HC4pz6mzQBGASHhvIC2upg.jpg
ecxxeiutRsenc71w+i%TGg.jpg