2Blue2's 1977 Cobra2 Driveway Build

• Sponsors (?)

Fuel system has a leak, so jack it up and pulled the inner fenderwell.
Pulled this hose and its cracked.

SbczBiC3RSa5xOMmQv1Gag.jpg
mix6EAzlQmiHR3GBkqGV6Q.jpg

Pulled the rest for inspection and the seal into gas tank is also cracked
No wonder when i filled it the first 3 gals leaked on the ground.
Please nobody smoke right now that includes you vape pen guys
Don't want a cobra II flambé

MCCnr259Q%CXEFIIdx1ofg.jpg
4IvOmSMKRsaCt%ydb9AS%Q.jpg

• Agree
Reactions: 1 users
I got a new tank filler seal (Classic Auto Reproductions).
A quick peek in the tank with the headlight and it looks good for 45 yrs old tank.(note brass float)
I did the Por15 tank seal kit 10 yr ago
Both Vent hoses are crumbling too. So put new ones.

RMfun4t+SU2Ocuafa3%VYw.jpg
wo2RYhqJQ6SjhyhSse7L2Q.jpg
R1HYc8+4R2eex5122cmTGw.jpg

Auto parts guy sold me a piece of 2.25 inch Inside diameter hose by the foot for filler connection.
Spot welded the old capture nut back on for accessory tank strap.
And I think most this corners problems are solved. Don't be looking at the rusty quarter panel corner though.

nswh4sOKR6WsAPGYSfVTBQ.jpg

• Useful
Reactions: 2 users
The fuel system is where I started May 1st 2018. Then I looked at the fuel line and installed new, then the brake lines....and here we are today with the manifold end seal...
My quarter panel is worse. Just saying...

Reactions: 1 user
Hawaii Drivers Learners Permit!
This photo the permit is 2 seconds old.
He's not smiling because of the 3 hrs in line to this point (Fricken DMV).
Pasted written test on first try. He's has always tested well though, just a smart kid.
Its almost a shame because I've been enjoying driving the Cobra II almost every day for the last month.
But Learners permit = Licensed 21 yr old driver in seat next to him. So......I'm a passenger, better be moving the passenger seat back a few inches too now.

Qop+vyjUSam33wJ7re4NUA.jpg

Reactions: 3 users
Went on down to the industrial park, looking for a spot to try a couple burnouts.
Decided to take this shot also.

g955bZgBR++KtVgnaaHnEQ.jpg

Reactions: 4 users
I'm thinking you may need another mustang ii for yourself.

Enzio your right!
I just might need another mutt2 (your giving me yours right!?!)
I have 2 other mustangs right now both 65 fbcks that I should be working on also. But I'm really liking this cobra 2 a lot, its just fun~

Had this one since I was 19 yrs old thats about 33 yrs and still drive it . What have you had for 33 yrs besides your mother's love right!?!
Its legal but needs a painting, just put a new GT350 steel frame fiberglass hood on it this year, rims last.
Stang net won't let me post the pic I want, don't know whats going on. but heres 2 others

IMG_20160824_163130240_HDR.jpg
DSCF0290.JPG

• Love
  • Wow
Dang! A little envy. I'm impressed. You got it going on in Hawaii.

I've had mine for 41 years, 2 wives, 4 houses/garages. It's going to run this summer.

Reactions: 3 users
I've had mine for 41 years, 2 wives, 4 houses/garages. It's going to run this summer.

Wow, 41 yrs!
Now I'm impressed, I've only had the mutt2 for 15yrs and this is the best its run, were having Fun!
You bought it in '78 or '79 then?
hows your rear end set up now? mines the open 3:00 but want to change.

Stock. The four speed was geared so low because the Iran Contra affair. So Ford got you to 55MPH as fast as they could and then that was it. If I go higher in HP then I'll have to look at a new tranny and rear end.

I'm comparable I guess. I've had mine since around 1991. It was my third one by then though. And it's lasted through 3 wives and 6 moves. It's been the only constant in my life and really needs some more love than I can give it at the moment....

had mine since around 1991.
it's lasted through 3 wives and 6 moves

This makes my statement above look weak, I guess us Mustang II guys are that for life.
Its really neat you still got it. Its turn for more love will come again.
Glad I'm not the only one thats ' not giving it up' for ever.

And it's lasted through 3 wives

Heres my 'first' wife wanting to get in on the fun, Driving kids to extracurricular activities and shopping.
Her first time piloting it in 15yrs of ownership... Hey it been a little broke till now.
Its now a fun family car...

7+3B%eT3SZqOtxQ5LKDBWA.jpg

New parts are still coming in the mail.:nice:

Are those stock seat belts?

Yup Stock and faded to purplish

Been eyeballing the Julianos 'star burst buckle' seat belts
Very similar. There are companies you send yours to and they send em back all better also.
But I'll probably just boil my shoulder belts in back dye and burn the hairs off (its is black you know)
and its good enough.

photos of mine
aeemZWpSTKaIqv0So3MLGw.jpg
eq%Vn3buTIqtbn2YzgYibA.jpg
JUS3P-2T.jpg

Reactions: 1 user