2Blue2's 1977 Cobra2 Driveway Build

Soooooooo..... Driveways...there is asphalt or concrete or gravel or brick or level inclined circular, covered, underground, upper deck, heated, .....

there that should check off the driveway content for a few more pages at least... IMG_0002.JPG
heres a pic of a driveway too...look at me go....

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users
  • Sponsors (?)

1968 factory 427 4 speed Biscayne......
1 of 25 built in Canada
1 of 2 known left existing of the 25 with 427 4 speed..
Factory black car with blue interior, M20, positraction, 390hp 427, factory tach and gauges, manual steering,manual brakes.

Reactions: 2 users
Thats IS Awesome!

1968-SS-427-Biscayne-Ad.jpg

Your house is beautiful too.

Thanks!
Yeah this is like the cars Baldwin and Nickey sold. These are regular biscaynes, not SS etc., so stripper cars. You could get 425 hp for racing (really really rare) or 390 hp (really rare) Mine ordered with 390 hp and wide ratio 4 speed as it worked better with big block on the street.

Reactions: 4 users
Yea! the storm blew on by, getting off easy for sure!

Back to exhaust.

This sure is a cute little muffler for being so cheap.
I hope It doesn't just rust into nothingness or self destruct instantly. for the price IT might and you couldn't be that surprised.
IMG_6608.JPG 60141260995__71EADA2A-9242-40C8-8432-C6BC15B37281.JPG
A quick peek inside.
Not much inside. Its mesh and muffling material are very thin. Makes Cherry bombs look fluffy inside.

IMG_6607.JPG

Alrighty then, looking better already! This is what the exhaust sees, thats why it improves the flow.

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users
With the last little bit of blue sky ( would never know yesterday was hurricane day ) We reinstalled the X pipe.
fullsizeoutput_1972.jpeg

o
NoaleNgzSgKU+zn3iPQCSQ.jpg

The bolts are tight to each other but do~able. It is tucked up as much as possible too.
emhfNAukSk6ZM%4exggYQg.jpg
neT3PZwoSE+bMUlg59hgKQ.jpg

Last edited:
Last look old one. Inch and 7/16 tail pipe courtesy of Midas. I think that muffler was for V6 or I4, just seems so small for V8
Its hard to see cuze its so small+cute. (not a CT)
8t%Gl7viT4Wo%i7AFhzxhQ.jpg
guJksQ94SzGIY0xZUIEMQA.jpg

With a couple of bolts removed and a sawz-all cut.
Midas muffler and stock catalytic converter?
smWhleYwRcOQeYoiJUVxfA.jpg

On to the shaky box and block of wood mock up. Don't like when they stick out too far but don't like lots of exhaust grunge on the bumper either.
How far out do you like it?
H1%U9qmiRR2yBR+221lUwQ.jpg
MGKxXPk3QEq5ctwu0EXhXg.jpg

Reactions: 5 users
When do we get to hear it?

Thoughts;

Well... I know where the rear muffler goes and got the x pipe in , but everything in-between needs to be folded spindled and mutilated to even kinda fit.
Maybe if I cut each part in thirds and throw the middle third away....

Been spending time holding parts up looking at them trying to imagine how to shorten them.:scratch:

How much can you cut off a muffler before its not a muffler?:chin

The exhaust cut out mocks up under passenger seat which I don't care for. Need move it back somehow.

Still resisting the urge to drive around with open exhaust just because. ;)

10pounds chit -N- 5pound bag and over thought and under engineered.

Today I'm thinking hang cut out off the first chamber of muffler, that or give one or the other up due to lack of real estate.:crazy:

Reactions: 1 user
Took a mesurement.
Made a bracket that bolts to stock location with stock bolts. Sorry Sideways.:eek:

Hack this off for an extra inch and a half of shortening.
IMG_8340.JPG
IMG_8343 2.JPG
IMG_8349 2.JPG

Chop this off for another little bit.
.....Tac it all together.
............Then in the car.

IMG_8350 3.JPG
IMG_8352 3.JPG

Next muffler location.
To get muffler back as far as possible,
I bobbed the ends off, welded em up, and hole sawed the top.

That was good for 5 maybe 6 more inches.
Might only count as a two chamber muffler now, LOL.

Then mocked em up in the Cobra on a block of wood.

IMG_8344 3.JPG
IMG_8348 2.JPG

Then got after shrinking and Lengthing these over axle pipes.
Comparison shot.

Hack and Chop an Hack Chop Hack Chop
After making and tacking both these the son came home and he proceeded to weld em up.
Yup he spent some quality time with the welder. Thats the good stuff.

I am sparing you the picture of my son in all his safety gear - welding. (you know shorts, slippers, welding helmet)
Its a tight fit to clear the floor and axle at the same time with 2.5 pipe, but is possible.

IMG_8353 3.JPG
IMG_8351.JPG
IMG_8354 3.JPG

Reactions: 4 users
Removable tail pipe section is almost done, just got to weld up some more and a couple pinholes, clean and spray bomb it.
Little Lincoln is working like a champ! Shiny muffler is very thin and hard to weld to.

IMG_8366.jpg

Reactions: 1 users