• Sponsors (?)

Twice the flow, twice the weight.

IMG_8371.jpg
IMG_8373.JPG

IMG_8376.JPG
IMG_8380.JPG

Reactions: 2 users
Now we're just waiting for the victory rev video. :banana:

OH yeah ! almost there, I'm excited for it too.:taco::rock::rock::taco::rock::rock:

Would it help to remove the spare wheel pan or is the fuel tank also in the way?

The whole point of shotgun style is getting past that spare tire sump and fuel tank by staying on the side.
I am happy with the tight fit and the pipes are tucked up enough I can eventually go ahead with the front end lowering of 2 inches .
I might black out the cut out side to help hide it.

I welded for along time on it, then my son welded on it for awhile then his friend learned to run some beads on it,
and at the end there sure was a lot of welding splatter to knock off. Should used some anti spatter spray.
Its ok though, we just cleaned it up. ;)

By moving the second mid x pipe down and over in relation to the front of the muffler, when it drags on an oversize speed bump (and it will) it don't catch.
When its a tight fit every inch counts.:nice:

IMG_8369.JPG

Reactions: 3 users
Rear Floor tells the tale.
I took the round cut outs from the top of the muffler and welded two bolts to make reinforcers for the new exhaust hangers.
Cad bolts are sub frame connectors.
tombstone aluminum is drive shaft safety loop.
The rusty looking stuff is mostly just carpet Jute.
IMG_8383 2.JPG

Comments and Observations;

Now that I've wired it up enough to try em and drive em,
The exhaust has a pleasant burble and you can still talk over it in the car even when under load.

The exhaust is a little bit louder than was hoping for but not bad.
The cut out (exhaust leak) is more quite than i hoped for but still has decent death tone.
Remember this is all with cast iron manifolds and a two barrel carb still.

The 289 is defiantly more peppy now and wraps up lots quicker. She'll spin the tires further from a dead stop than before.
New exhaust also clears the usual speed bumps on the regular paths we drive.
It doesn't seem to have any of the flow master low/mid RPM drone which I was concerned about. (drone masters r famous for drone)

Now she sounds like a real V8 Mustang.

My sons friends were impressed, which is how teens judge stuff.

Now we're just waiting for the victory rev video. :banana:

Will be woking on that here directly.

Reactions: 3 users
Ive been trying to do rev video but the power steering belt squeal in neutral ruins it.
I think my PS pump is seizing up, that why it threw the belt and took out the window washer box.

I thought it was a really nice looking car. I have to be honest here. I didn't really pay attention to the Mustang ll much until I joined this site. After stumbling onto threads like this one and learning about the cars, they have really grown on me. I like them. I understand them better after watching some documentary stuff about why Ford did what they did and it makes since. Rock on 2 dudes!

• Hell Yeah!
Reactions: 1 users
Or just buy what's left of it.

It was wrecked when it was being trailered from a show and the rig rolled. The owner was rebuilding but somehow ran into financial trouble and was trying to sell it in mid-rebuild. Don't know if it's been bought or what's going on with it now though..... :shrug:

Seems like a good starting point for you though, all you've gotta do is find out if it's still available and snatch it up! :cheers:

Ive been trying to do rev video but the power steering belt squeal in neutral ruins it.
I think my PS pump is seizing up, that why it threw the belt and took out the window washer box.
Prius steering conversion time my brotha! Or... all BS aside, a manual rack in one of these cars, even with a V8 above it, is just fine without any power assist.