5.0 mustang vs. 03 GTI

::Jongo:: said:
theres not anything tough to be said except street racing is dangerous and gay... grow the fck up dumbass, hurt someone street racing or know someone who has and you wont be talking ****.

Hey Jongo.... I can see you getting bent over street racing. Im no advocate either, but just to fill you in Im old enough that my daughter is 18 and about to buy a Audi A4 that she wants to take to track. My other daughter is 13 and already wants a mustang. So now that the grow up part is settled my real problem is all the name calling. If you got a point to get across, then say your peice otherwise your only verifying why I put the pic up to begin with.

• Sponsors (?)

vikingpower said:
As a valet, I've driven quite a few VW's and Audi's with the 1.8T's and VR6's. They're not slow but certainly not impressive. You should be able to take him out. The only VW product to worry about would be an S4 or S8...

I think you might wish to rethink your statement. There are MANY VW Products out there, VW owns Audi, Lamborghini, Bentley, and Buggati, if fact they are the highest Horsepower group Company in business. The one Buggati with the W16 Engine makes 1001 HP and does 0-60 in 3 Seconds.

86ttopmustang i think you should take mobs advice and start reading! Theres alot to be learned in these forums this is where i learned all the mustang specific stuff i know. This site has helped me build 1 motor 2 transmissions and 1 rearend so far and everythings been good for the most part! and btw I just turned 18, Its good to have another young guy on here!

i'm another 18 year old, and two years ago when i bought my first mustang i didn't know **** (you could tell by the car that i didnt know **** haha). but now i'm more knowledgeable about the inner workings of an automobile than all of my friends and most of the adults i know. especially 5.0's.

just keep reading around like nick said and you'll just gain so much knowledge it'll astound you.

not to change the subject- i'm really unsure of the internals of my remanu'd motor, but i get the rocking when i'm sitting at a stoplight. pretty sure it's the stock cam, and i've got a little lope in my exhaust note at idle too, so chances are you've got a stock cam too bro

::Jongo:: said:
i say your both losers. prolly going to be street racing=teh loss
grow up and don't join a mustang forum to ask whos gunna win!!!!

actually they are going to the track, what now?

edit: and i raced my friends GTi from a roll and i pulled, when stock. and then we took it to the track and i smoked him. still when i was stock. so i think ull be fine, oh it was 5-speed btw.

5.oh my god said:
My only question is why the hell is the gti sporting a manual boost controller if its already chipped.
Chipping the 1.8t will increase the boost and i have hear as much as 220 whp depending on the chip. so id say it possible that he could win but it would be close.

A friend of mine had a manual gti with almost the same mods as this one. With just the chip he was running mid 14's. He had a digital boost controller and was almost getting 20 psi out of it and was running 13's on drag radials. But if the car is an auto you wont have any problem beating him. Even with those mods it probably a high 14 or low 15 second car. There auto trannies are just as bad if not worse than aod's.

+1 for the youngins, ill be 18 next friday. but i agree with 5.0fox and mob, most of the stuff i know about cars and especially mustangs i learned from reading these forums everyday. i think it will be a good race from what ive heard the newer vws respond very well to mods but goodluck

i asked the kid today and its 2001 1.8T, with the listed mods.

anyways i was told when i bought the car from one of the guys at my firehouse that i'm going to be getting pulled over a lot for little things

What are some of the things you guys have gotten pulled over for? just curious

Euphoric306 said:
not to change the subject- i'm really unsure of the internals of my remanu'd motor, but i get the rocking when i'm sitting at a stoplight. pretty sure it's the stock cam, and i've got a little lope in my exhaust note at idle too, so chances are you've got a stock cam too bro
It sounds like a cam because its speed density not your internals... Ive had 3 speed density stangs and they all sounded like that because of a small vac leak maybe check that out also speed density cars are a little more agressive then mass air cars because i belive the cam is a little moreagressive in 87 & 88

86ttopmustang said:
i guess i'll just have to start reading and learning stuff through the forums. I'm also gunna do things by trial and error.

Should I convert to Mass Air?

About How much is it going to cost?

What exactly do I need to change it over?

Thanks
A.. Not unless you plan on modding the motor
B Between 150 and 400 dollars depending on the way you do it
C Wiring harness, computer, mass air sensor, Inlet tube and bracket...

86ttopmustang: I wouldnt convert to Mass Air until its needed. You can mod your car alot with SD but when you get to the point where you want to run a aggressive cam or larger injectors thats when you will run into problems and will want to upgrade. Heads, intake, exhaust, even some cams can be modded with SD. Im running Ford 5.0 Nitrous HP NX264HR Cam with SD and it runs perfect.
DESCRIPTION:
HYDRAULIC ROLLER: High performance street. With 75-125HP nitrous kit or small blower. Lopey idle.

My roomate has a 1.8T with a chip, larger intercooler, CAI , full exhaust , and I can destroy him easily even with my minimal mods.

i think im going to have it converted when i get money over the summer because i do plan on modding the engine so if it helps im going to get it done.

Now from what i heard the 86 5.0 has different pistons than the other years or something like that, (if thats it im not even sure), can i just put different pistons in it so i can change the cam and all that other good stuff? because i really have no clue...thanks a lot

RsStanG1987 said:
It sounds like a cam because its speed density not your internals... Ive had 3 speed density stangs and they all sounded like that because of a small vac leak maybe check that out also speed density cars are a little more agressive then mass air cars because i belive the cam is a little moreagressive in 87 & 88

you might have signatures turned off, i know some people do now, but my car's already coverted to mass air

Euphoric306 said:
you might have signatures turned off, i know some people do now, but my car's already coverted to mass air
Was the engine you have in your car the origional engine you had rebuilt if so thats why it sounds like it has a cam because its a speed density cam...

i never had the engine rebuilt i only bought the car about 3 weeks ago. i plan on rebuilding it but with the newer pistons from like a 91 5.0 since i heard something about the pistons that came stock on the 86 5.0......not sure what it is but someone said that they were different from all of the otther years

any help on clearing this up would be greatly appreciated

86ttopmustang said:
i never had the engine rebuilt i only bought the car about 3 weeks ago. i plan on rebuilding it but with the newer pistons from like a 91 5.0 since i heard something about the pistons that came stock on the 86 5.0......not sure what it is but someone said that they were different from all of the otther years

any help on clearing this up would be greatly appreciated

I had an 86. They came with flat top pistons, smaller intake/heads/TB :nice:

EDIT: Sorry, I see that's all been said- Dman in da house! Okay when I was 17 my dad had mine (86) rebuilt back stock with a cam, and you could barely tell it had one... my friends and I will never know but we think it was a Bcam :) That's probably all she could take with those heads.

Shakerhood said:
I think you might wish to rethink your statement. There are MANY VW Products out there, VW owns Audi, Lamborghini, Bentley, and Buggati, if fact they are the highest Horsepower group Company in business. The one Buggati with the W16 Engine makes 1001 HP and does 0-60 in 3 Seconds.

I mentioned S4 and S8. And the chance of racing a Lambo, Bentley or Buggati anywhere are nil. Hence, I didnt mention them because none of us will likely ever race one. Even rolling up to an S4 or S8 is a stretch since people that drive those most likely won't put the hammer down! And I know what I'm talking about, I've driven the cars and met the (in general) limp wristed turds that drive expensive cars.

vikingpower said:
I mentioned S4 and S8. And the chance of racing a Lambo, Bentley or Buggati anywhere are nil. Hence, I didnt mention them because none of us will likely ever race one. Even rolling up to an S4 or S8 is a stretch since people that drive those most likely won't put the hammer down! And I know what I'm talking about, I've driven the cars and met the (in general) limp wristed turds that drive expensive cars.

I know the chances are Very Nil, but you stated the "ONLY" cars from the VW Company to worry about... The only reason I brought it up was because of the "ONLY". I am sure a V10 Toureg Diesel could haul the mail too.