Germany
I'm happy with the result:
IMG_20210131_120550.jpg

• Sponsors(?)

extra_stout

Advanced Member
Aug 27, 2018
Germany
My 66 coupe is sold. Buyer is as old as the car and was very convinced buying it. He did a bigger prepayment and will pick up the car in the next two weeks depending on the weather. I have mixed feelings... but I'm not surprised that I have mixed feelings. Lets see what there will be next.

extra_stout

Advanced Member
Aug 27, 2018
Germany
Car is paid and gone. The new owner was driving a Porsche Macan with a car trailer behind to pick up the car. Now he can drive a real car and get rid of the :poo:ty Porsche. :jester:
I want to get the M2 done before I start to mess with another car. I also want to go trough my collection of parts/junk that is laying around in multiple places... get rid of stuff that I don't need and keep the good things.
What I surly will keep is the original 289 engine (even if it is 0.04 over; there is a guy in Germany who is doing cylinder resleeving for a good price), the spare T5 tranny I have and the 8 inch rear axle from a maverick. I also have engine frame mounts and 67 spindles with drums. So essentially everything to do a whole driveline swap from I6 to V8.
I didn't much on the Mustang II in the last time and I won't the next two weeks. But than I need to get the thing finished.

extra_stout

Advanced Member
Aug 27, 2018
Germany
Still nothing happened, except I ordered some random car carpet for the trunk.
I have another topic: my rear side windows are leaking (tested with water hose), But its not at the window gasket, it is leaking between the chrome molding and the body.
The chrome molding starts at the bottom of side window at the b pillar and runs around the side window and above the door till it ends where the a pillar meets the front fender. I checked it and there is no silicone/sealing compound... no my question should there be sealing compound?
And if yes, can I seal it without removing everything? If I would do that I would use a body sealer that is similar to RTV silicone regarding the viscosity/processing. It comes in a "bottle" with a "nozzle" like this, which would help to get the sealant where it should be:
9235689177118.jpg

sorry I have no new photo, there is an old one:
p5hgfojg-jpg.jpg

Last edited:

LILCBRA

I wish I didn't have all of these balls in the air
15 Year Member
Dec 6, 2005
Marietta, Ga
I had that piece of trim off of my car years ago when I went through it, I don't remember any sealant though. It seems like the weather stripping bumped up against the pillar and that piece was purely decorative, but it's been a long time now I may be wrong. But as much as I hate to tell you this, I think you might be better served removing the rear window and checking them, maybe adding sealant to that weather stripping to stop your leak.

extra_stout

Advanced Member
Aug 27, 2018
Germany
I had the rear windows removed and added additional sealant to the weather stripping. I made a sketch, which should show the problem better. The wheater stripping is definitely pushing/sealing against the chrome molding partly and if the moulding is not water thight it can run behind the molding... I'm just wondering why there is no sealant. The car was re-painted in the 80ties (in germany) and they removed the rear window for sure. I'm just wondering if the missed to use the sealant or if the chrome molding is a different as original or whatever...
problem.jpg

Reactions: Enzio and LILCBRA