Build Thread '83 T-top Coupe - Welding Holes in My Rear

Status
Not open for further replies.
Alright, I finally did it! Something I haven't done for a long, long time.

I ordered over a grand worth of stuff from LMR! It made me nervous as hell to do it.

So, the quick items I ordered are the floor plan, seat cross brace, right front subframe kit, tubular lower radiator support (@90sickfox :nice:) and a few other odds and ends. Oh yeah, and to please @CarMichael Angelo , I just ordered a lower torque box support kit. I won't be getting the Wild Rides torque boxes since I'm going to go ahead with the IRS.

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user
  • Sponsors (?)

I also got the MM steering shaft for a cobra rack.

What do y'all think of this steering wheel?
IMG_0814.JPG

• Dislike
Reactions: 1 users
Heaviest thing will be the subframe

Yep, you'll only be hitting thicker sheet metal so that machine will cut it. You will be at the limit of that machine though as I'm usually between 15-20 amps on my machine when cutting in those areas.

BTW, if the Trifamet torch on that machine doesn't come with the safety, be careful. My side is still healing from a two months ago.......

Reactions: 1 user
I'm kind of torn between the Versa Cut 20
IMG_0815.JPG
and the Versa Cut 40 from eastwood.
IMG_0816.JPG
the 40 will cut through thicker metal, but the 20 is supposed to be great for fine cuttting on sheet metal. That would be very helpful for fabricating the 1/4 flares.

The 40 costs $150 more, not a huge deal. I'm leaning toward the 20 because of the finesse ability with sheet metal (as thin as 24 gauge!).

EDIT: I ordered the Versa 20 cutter. Almost out of money! Woohoo! Just got to order those Scott Rodd panels now.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
Status
Not open for further replies.