Build Thread '83 T-top Coupe - Welding Holes in My Rear

Status
Not open for further replies.
  • Sponsors (?)

I went to Harbor Freight. I have a hard time staying focused there.

I got my light and a few others for the house for when we lose power during storms. Plus a bunch of other sht I may not have needed.......:chin

I LOVE this light. I’m going to keep it in the truck mostly for an emergency light. It’s rechargeable with a USB chord. Perfect for the vehicle.
1FA85F6D-4C86-44F0-813E-BC5DEF7659F3.jpeg

HF is having a sale on the 12th, 13th, and 14th. You can get the light for $20 then.

Geez it’s bright!

Reactions: 5 users
I had to get a new heat gun yesterday and got a COUPON for $8.99. The previous one had been pretty good and I used the hell out of it on my rewiring, but the other day, it seemed to kick in to afterburner. The fan sounded like it revved up 2 or 3 times faster and there was a plasma arc inside. Within seconds the motor seemed to experience catastrophic failure and the thing almost caught on fire! BUT, for 4 or 5 years with some heavy use in the last 2 months, I will say that was $8.99 well spent because I am sure I had a coupon for the first one!

Let us know how those lights work out. I looked at that yesterday but couldn't pull the trigger. Need a coupon!

:rlaugh:

Reactions: 1 user
I had to get a new heat gun yesterday and got a COUPON for $8.99. The previous one had been pretty good and I used the hell out of it on my rewiring, but the other day, it seemed to kick in to afterburner. The fan sounded like it revved up 2 or 3 times faster and there was a plasma arc inside. Within seconds the motor seemed to experience catastrophic failure and the thing almost caught on fire! BUT, for 4 or 5 years with some heavy use in the last 2 months, I will say that was $8.99 well spent because I am sure I had a coupon for the first one!

Let us know how those lights work out. I looked at that yesterday but couldn't pull the trigger. Need a coupon!

:rlaugh:
Wait for the sale, $20.

Last edited:
Not many updates, huh?

I've been working on the kids bathroom.:dammit:

I probably will be for the next week or so.

I originally was just going to replace the counter top. But since I'm there, we might as well put in new fixtures. Since it's getting that the new fixtures won't match the light. Since the light has to be changed this is a good time to get rid of that '90's wallpaper.

If I got to get rid of that wallpaper I'll need to match the knock down texture that's in the rest of the house. Well, I can't match that texture until I fill in the little holes that were exposed after getting rid of the old light, might as well touch up the other knicks in the walls.....

And what about that cabinet with all its scratches?

The wallpaper goes behind the toilet, I better move it out of the way. The retaining ring for the toilet sure looks about rotted out, better put a new one in.

What this adds up to is that the only thing not being changed out in the kids bathroom is the tile flooring. I will not retile the bathroom, really........

Reactions: 4 users
Sooooooooo..........

The company making my countertop for my bathroom said I could expect delivery of the pretty new countertop around the 28th......:bang:
I was told when I ordered it that it would take two weeks to get it. That would’ve been this coming Saturday.They must have meant five, but said two.

Oh well, lemonade time. I’ll go back to Booger on the weeknights. This weekend is reserved to finish up the walls in the bathroom though.

Hey, I see our using the Por-15.... are you using there metal ready first? por-15 doesn't like new/clean metal... it will come off.... thats the one thing I don't like about that product, you need to keep it wet with that stuff for like 15min, then wash it off real good...(which makes a mess of course) now you have to dry it, and then paint the por-15t on...

I just bought a qt of this stuff new from eastwood - https://www.eastwood.com/eastwood-rust-encapsulator-platinum.html I just tried it this weekend, blasted under the car and painted this on any area's I removed any rust or had bare metal.(most of the middle section still had the undercoating on... so if the blaster didn't take it off when passing over, I left it) this needs less prep, just wipe down with pre (any wax/grease remover) and brush on... then next day I sprayed Epoxy primer, then day after I sprayed black paint... this weekend I will spray the POR-15 bedliner on, and complete the painting of the underside of car.

Hey, I see our using the Por-15.... are you using there metal ready first? por-15 doesn't like new/clean metal... it will come off.... thats the one thing I don't like about that product, you need to keep it wet with that stuff for like 15min, then wash it off real good...(which makes a mess of course) now you have to dry it, and then paint the por-15t on...

I just bought a qt of this stuff new from eastwood - https://www.eastwood.com/eastwood-rust-encapsulator-platinum.html I just tried it this weekend, blasted under the car and painted this on any area's I removed any rust or had bare metal.(most of the middle section still had the undercoating on... so if the blaster didn't take it off when passing over, I left it) this needs less prep, just wipe down with pre (any wax/grease remover) and brush on... then next day I sprayed Epoxy primer, then day after I sprayed black paint... this weekend I will spray the POR-15 bedliner on, and complete the painting of the underside of car.
Hummmm.......you got me reading.

It does need an etch. The prep stuff they use is just plain old metal prep we use periodically at the shop. They make it sound fancy though.

I’ve used it mainly on painted surfaces in the past. So no issues there. This really is the first bare metal application I’ve been using it on.

Guess I’ll metal prep the other side prior to application now! Luckily most of the metal I’m using I coated with an etching paint in the first place.

Thanks for pointing that out.

The Eastwood stuff may be good, but I got the POR15 for free, sooo......

Hummmm.......you got me reading.

It does need an etch. The prep stuff they use is just plain old metal prep we use periodically at the shop. They make it sound fancy though.

I’ve used it mainly on painted surfaces in the past. So no issues there. This really is the first bare metal application I’ve been using it on.

Guess I’ll metal prep the other side prior to application now! Luckily most of the metal I’m using I coated with an etching paint in the first place.

Thanks for pointing that out.

The Eastwood stuff may be good, but I got the POR15 for free, sooo......

yeah, its just an acid.... but if you don't use it on bare/clean metal, that stuff will peel off.... that's why now I only use it for stuff I can spray with it and hose off easy... I did the rear end before I put back in car ect.... but using on the car itself, where I would not want to rinse it with water, I wont use it... since you need to hose that acid (metal ready) off real good.

and why I'm trying that new stuff from eastwood now...

Reactions: 1 user
Status
Not open for further replies.