Build Thread '83 T-top Coupe - Welding Holes in My Rear

Status
Not open for further replies.
  • Sponsors (?)

Oh noes

H2gl2

:redx:

Ok, in keeping up with notifying y'all when I do absolutely anything, no matter how insignificant it might be. Here's some stuff I did so far today.

First, the cowel panel fix.
IMG_2317.JPG
IMG_2318.JPG
IMG_2322.JPG
Next, the windshield trim fixes.
IMG_2315.JPG
IMG_2316.JPG
IMG_2321.JPG
IMG_2325.JPG

I had a similar crack, but since the parts were still a close fit, I used some super glue - it seems to be working. Time will tell if it is a viable option or not.

I had a similar crack, but since the parts were still a close fit, I used some super glue - it seems to be working. Time will tell if it is a viable option or not.
Super glue works Joe, i'm not knocking it at all. Fact is, i didn't notice till after i painted the cowel trim that one of the center supports was broken loose. Hobby lobby sells some neat thick super glue. I'll be using it on that small break.

As for the rest of the repairs, i just so happen to have access to some super good stuff for free. Sooooo.....

Are you done fixing your cowl panel?

I hope to God you are.

Because if you tell me that the cowel panel needs anymore work, what's left of the top of my gritted teeth will be gone
Let's make this year a Mike keeps his teeth year shall we? Use technology,....technology goood,...

Are you done fixing your cowl panel?

I hope to God you are.

Because if you tell me that the cowel panel needs anymore work, what's left of the top of my gritted teeth will be gone
Let's make this year a Mike keeps his teeth year shall we? Use technology,....technology goood,...

You're so funny mike.

I really didn't spend too much time on the cowel panel trim. It is done though.

Mike friend, mike good....:fap:

Reactions: 2 users
Oh yeah, if you want a slightly closer picture of the cowel (and honestly, who doesn't want that?)
IMG_2340.JPG

And maybe hard to tell the difference, here's one of the wiper arms up next to the cowel trim
IMG_2342.JPG

Reactions: 4 users
I've run out of stuff to do.....or so i thought.

I sprayed rocker chip guard on the left inner windshield trim and thought, "uhm......that's it!". Then i looked down and saw some bodyside mouldings.

So i grabbed three of them and cleaned them up with a red scotchbrite and some soap. I sanded them down with 400 grit to get rid of chips and the sort and painted them. I like it a LOT.
B4:
IMG_2343.JPG

After, i tried to get a picture that shows the blue better, no sun today to show it off:
IMG_2345.JPG
IMG_2344.JPG
IMG_2346.JPG

I'll get a picture in the sun as soon as it comes back out.

Breaking news story!

The yard owner will be back at his yard this afternoon. I took off work and am waiting for him to get there.

This will take a little time this go around. That instrument panel will take a little time to yank out. I should get the driver's seat as well and the steering wheel. I also want the windshield and rear window trim. I want the 1/4 window trim, but i think i have to pull the glass to get it. It's easy enough to take them out, i just don't want to leave an opening until i get closer to taking the car home.

Maybe the taillights as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.