Buzzie

Aug 10, 2017
Ive read many threads about an lsc rear end swap but cant keep everything straight but I have an 89 LX Hatch that's originally a 2.3 but im swapping a 5.0 into it and a 90 lsc as my parts car. What exactly do you have to do to be able to run the 8.8 from the lsc in a fox? Im going to be running coilovers and I have 00' cobra r wheels 18x9.5 that I can run on it to help with back spacing but idk how well it will help. I also have a 4.0 ranger that i can use the axles from if it comes down to it but what will that take to swap into the 89 too? Can i also use the front brakes from the lsc too? I havent found anything about that yet either.

• Sponsors (?)

The axle with disks is wider than fox rear would be. 1.25" each side. Will make wheel selection tricky.

No quad shock mounts, so f you find yourself with wheel hop, nothing you can do short of changing out control arms.

Brakes on the 1990 are same as 84-86 rear SVO brakes, and should be run with 73mm front calipers and SVO 1 1/8" bore MC

back when i first got mine

Attachments

• New Mustang 004.JPG
    New Mustang 004.JPG
    66.8 KB · Views: 467
  • New Mustang 006.JPG
    New Mustang 006.JPG
    66.4 KB · Views: 466
to make it work with those cobra wheels more than likely youll need to flip the caliper brackets.. get stock length axles and all that. then youll need the foxbody brake hard lines and the V8 center brake hose and bracket. along with the brake likes from the firewall back to the bracket

thats what you'll need to do it right

Its been long time since I've seen a LSC rear....

You can flare and add line to go over to the left side under the car. You may have to cut the brake line bracket off the car and rivet it or weld it on the mustang. Since you have everything the swap should be a lot easier.

The 4.0 ranger axles won't fit ( I don't think )....however, sn95 axles may fit. Not 109%

My car has a cobra IRS and I found the best fitting wheels are from 09 and up 50mm backspacing.

The rear housing in the LSC should be the same length of as a fox. The axles are longer for disc brakes. You could ( technically ) put the 7.5 rear axles in the 8.8 housing.....swapping backing plates, drums, and such. Don't know why anyone would do that.

The mounting points for the rear control arms ate ( supposedly ) a little tiny bit different.

Let us know how everything works out.