93 Cobra 47k miles Vortech supercharged

I just picked up a "Garage find" 93 Cobra That has been sitting basically since 2008 or 2009 has 47K original miles, It seems to have an aftermarket shorter shifter, it seems to shift pretty good a little stiff but not bad, it goes through all the gears fine no grinding or anything, but it is very difficult to shift from 3rd back to second in that sometimes i can't get it to go into second unless i slow down to a normal speed that you would put it into second or a bit slower, and then I have to kind of slam it a little.Overall, I would say the shifter is a bit stiffer than normal. but works great except as stated above. Shifter or Trans problem? Thanks

• Sponsors (?)

Does the car have an adjustable clutch cable? Or how about a fire wall adjuster? I had installed an adjustable cable on my car once and it made my clutch very stiff and my transmission much harder to shift. Went back to stock and both issues disappeared. If there is a firewall adjuster, try making some adjustments to the preload on the clutch and see if that helps. It basically sounds like it’s out of adjustment to me.