94 Cobra ECU for Mass Air Conversion???

Mustank

Founding Member
Sep 11, 2001
Germany
Would it be okay to use the ECU from a 94 cobra as part of my mass air conversion? I know I would have to use 24lb. injectors, but is there any other reasons why this wouldn't work?

The car I may get it from also has ABS, would this cause a problem?

• Sponsors (?)

The 94 Cobra computer is not compatible with the 86-88 computer connector. You would need most of the 94 car's wiring harness and more electrical work to make it mate up with the chassis wiring harness of the car you currently have.

The car listed in your profile shows up as a 93 model which already has mass air. The 94 computer is still not pin compatible with a 93 model car.

There is no info about your car's model year or mods, which make it hard to tell what's in your car.

That's why it is a good idea to use the sig under the user control panel (User CP) option. It allows you to post your car year & mods, which help greatly when troubleshooting things. No, it is not there for us to snoop and see any "Secrets" you have hidden away under the hood. Be a good stangnetter and update your sig for future reference & don't keep us guessing.

Mustank-
If you provide more details on what you are working on we may be able to offer other alternatives...

Using that ecu is not going to make your life any easier...

jason

The 94 Cobra computer is not compatible with the 86-88 computer connector. You would need most of the 94 car's wiring harness and more electrical work to make it mate up with the chassis wiring harness of the car you currently have.

The car listed in your profile shows up as a 93 model which already has mass air. The 94 computer is still not pin compatible with a 93 model car.

There is no info about your car's model year or mods, which make it hard to tell what's in your car.

That's why it is a good idea to use the sig under the user control panel (User CP) option. It allows you to post your car year & mods, which help greatly when troubleshooting things. No, it is not there for us to snoop and see any "Secrets" you have hidden away under the hood. Be a good stangnetter and update your sig for future reference & don't keep us guessing.

Thanks for the reply - the 93 is long gone. I just picked up a "new" bone stock 88 GT. Sig and profile are now updated.