Baby's corner vs My corner

citmov

10 Year Member
Sep 25, 2009
Chi-town
We are expecting early September and just had our baby shower. Here's the baby corner:

parts2-1.jpg

I've been collecting parts for 1 1/2 years. Here's my corner:

parts1-1.jpg

We live in a condo so there's not much room. My stuff is usually in my closet or sitting behind the office door. Gotta be creative with no garage. Recently I brought everything out b/c it's time to get to work this weekend! FINALLY!

Attachments

• parts1-1.jpg
    parts1-1.jpg
    29.4 KB · Views: 84
  • Sponsors (?)

I had a condo when I first got married. Also bought my 94GT brand new two weeks after I got married in 94. The lady upstairs through her keys down to her son, he missed, went through his hands and the keys hit my bumper. The very next day my condo was up for sale. It sold 2 weeks later, 3.5 weeks after the keys incident my 94GT was in a new home garaged and was always garaged all the way through 2008 (14 years) when I sold it.

I've done the condo life with car parts in boxes in the guest room, I know your pain not having a garage. It was the worst year of my life. I slept better at night with the car in the garage. Plus I didn't have to hear the people upstairs any more.

:Word: You better enjoy it while you can. Once Junior's here, no more "my corner".

A good friend of mine is a Camaro guy (yeah, I know :rolleyes: ) and was going to order a new Camaro when they first came out. He even had the color and options picked out and was just waiting for the release date. Right around then, the wife turned up pregnant. He's still driving his old Camry 4 years later. As a consolation, I suggested that he name the kid "Camaro" and that his nickname could be "Rusty". Rusty didn't stick, but he does call him Camaro, at least to me. :D

I'm lucky that my car is at least stored inside. But man this condo is extremely small. That's why I gotta start my build ASAP to get all the parts out. Going forward I won't have much room to store parts. But I'm really lucky to have an extremely understanding and super supportive wife. The mustang will stay! She doesn't even like mustangs but she knows I do. Unfortunately we have to stay in our condo for now b/c the economy blows big time!

The build is not all that awesome. Most of my internal work is already done (ie. bored out .030, Keith black pistons, new rings, valve job on the heads, etc.). If you were to look at the engine bay it looks pretty much stock. So now I just need to add on some other goodies to make it look pretty. So all the regular bolt-ons and I'm also doing a 5 lug conversion. I guess I should start a build thread or something. The thing is that it's not "all that" haha. Maybe I'll get around to it.

When I was in college, I stepped over a set of MM SFCs that sat on my floor next to my bed every morning and every night for an entire semester. My door stop was a 10-hole wheel, and the pencil holder on my desk was a stock 55mm MAF meter.

That all changed after I graduated and got married. :(

The garage is still mine to do with as I please, though! :evil:

I hear you. My wife, then girlfriend went along and encouraged my purchase of an 06 GT. Loved that car. We married and shortly after were pregnant. Baby boy came and one day driving to go pick up a bike for my wife, I had to borrow my dad's pickup (I gave him my old one when I got 06) decided I needed to do best for family. I traded in the 06 for an SUV. Now 2 years later, picked up an 89 to make me feel better. And yes, we're in a condo too. Car stays at my parent's home until we can get our bigger place which right now is looking far away until the market improves.

Congrats on your baby. They're a lot of fun. oh and if you haven't been told enough times, sleep as much as you can now.

What are the plans?

Here's my list of parts. Still have a few things missing here and there...

Engine: GT 40 tubular, Edelbrock 70mm TB & spacer, Mallory FPR, E303 cam, Waterpump, 95 Cobra valve covers, Mark 8 fan, 3G small case alternator, Ford Racing Radiator hoses, heater core.

Suspension: QA K-member, a-arms, urethane motor mounts, Maximum full length SFC's, Maximum strut tower brace, J&M rear uppers and lowers, H&R front/rear race springs, Tokico shocks and struts.

Brakes: Full sn95 brake conversion (front & rear).

Wheels: Right now I have the 93 5 lug Cobra replicas and 01 Cobra polished. Not sure which one I'm going to put on. Can't decide so I have both of them haha.

Exhaust: Shorties and gonna replace my rusty Dr Gas x-pipe with a new one.

Rear end: 308 gear and aluminum driveshaft

I still have a few things I'm missing. Hopefully I can find them quickly!

I have:

Roush 200 heads
351w Trick Flow upper/lower
Fox 351 swap headers
Fox 351 swap oil pan
30# injectors with matched maf
X pipe
Fidanza aluminum flywheel
Zoom clutch kit
Stock replacement parts store clutch kit
351 efi distributor
2x flowmasters
2x edelbrock 600 carbs.
new edge gauge cluster
96 v6 gauge cluster
96 front and rear seats, door panels, console, and other misc interior pieces (pretty much everything except the dash and column.

Probably some more I'm forgetting.

In my old rent house I had a 351w in the floor in the corner by the kitchen table lol.

If you couldn't tell, I'm getting ready to swap a windsor into my fox.

Yes sir! It's still at the powder coater but should get back hopefully this coming week. Can't wait to see it. I'll post pics later.

When are you putting your parts on?

I only get Sundays off right now to go sweat in the garage. So I plan to pull the engine and trans tomorrow. *crosses fingers*

Yeah do post pics, I wanna see. :D