Bone stock 2002 4.6 Cobra need performance upgrades

I call BS :jester:
Call what you want. There are pics of my engine nay. I came on here for suggestions to add HP and torque from people who might know, not to argue with someone with no knowledge of my situation.

Attachments

• 20210322_215403_HDR.jpg
    20210322_215403_HDR.jpg
    472.1 KB · Views: 55
  • Message_1629895613694.jpg
    Message_1629895613694.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 57
  • Haha
Reactions: 1 users
  • Sponsors (?)

i love it when a :poo: talker gets owned :D
I don't talk :poo:.
he called it a cobra, ok, he didn't clarify, and then said it was actually a Panoz Esperante, a hand build sports car, sorry if sceptical but I did ask for pics and he provided them and it is not a 2002 cobra, it is the much cooler Panoz, the car already has 320hp.
It is like a month later and we have pics, now lets give this guy some answers.
BTW, that is a sweet ride,
Without some research on computer, gear, weight and what he plans on doing with it I got nothing. So you mod engine experts here need to jump in.

I don't talk :poo:.
he called it a cobra, ok, he didn't clarify, and then said it was actually a Panoz Esperante, a hand build sports car, sorry if sceptical but I did ask for pics and he provided them and it is not a 2002 cobra, it is the much cooler Panoz, the car already has 320hp.
It is like a month later and we have pics, now lets give this guy some answers.
BTW, that is a sweet ride,
Without some research on computer, gear, weight and what he plans on doing with it I got nothing. So you mod engine experts here need to jump in.

everybody else knew what he meant and didn't give him crap. there's a lesson to be learned here, friend.

2002 Cobra? is that a carryover car? There's no 02 cobra that i've ever heard of.

Is it an 01 that was incorrectly titled as an 02? Post vin and I can check it
Need pics of car or I call BS. And buh bye.
Stop, I clarified my point and I was not the only one that was 'confused' with the OP's initial post since there apparently was no 2002 mustang cobra made by Ford.
If you don't have something constructive to help him out with his quest for more hp then step off.

Stop, I clarified my point and I was not the only one that was 'confused' with the OP's initial post since there apparently was no 2002 mustang cobra made by Ford.
If you don't have something constructive to help him out with his quest for more hp then step off.
You might wanna take your own advice there, buddy. I gave a build recipe unlike others who just gave him crap after he posted engine bay pics of what is clearly not a cobra of any sort.

what you said wasn't that bad, i was referring to someone else.

I got a recipe for ya:
JBA headers
JLT intake
2.5" pipes with h pipe from there
4.10 gears
dyno tune

320 rwhp a little bit more torque. doesn't sound like much but look at the area under these lines. i got power EVERYWHERE.
1644682505041.png

my engine is stock except for a slight bump in compression (flat top pistons) and 99 cams.

its fun as hell to drive. a lot of dudes are real happy with 4.36's so maybe check those out, too.
if you make fun your goal instead of some arbitrary number you're gonna get more of it.
Yes, yes you did!!! :nice:
We still need to know a few things,
what rear gear it has now and computer type, it may already be programmable,

You might wanna take your own advice there, buddy. I gave a build recipe unlike others who just gave him crap after he posted engine bay pics of what is clearly not a cobra of any sort.

what you said wasn't that bad, i was referring to someone else.
Ok, with "what is clearly not a cobra" I am scratching my head. I thought it to be a Cobra due to the intake manifold marked as such. Oversight on my part?

Ok, with "what is clearly not a cobra" I am scratching my head. I thought it to be a Cobra due to the intake manifold marked as such. Oversight on my part?
Yes, basically what you have is a cobra spec engine wrapped with a hand built sports car. The company that built it is still around in Georgia

That's fine and I'll back off my statement but when you come to a Mustang enthusiast site claiming an 02 Cobra then you are going to get some horns. Sometimes the forum doesn't show all of the posts for me and I didn't see the pictures until today. I missed the original posters clarification but in the future let's call it what it is. In the not too distant past we would ban people "trolling" with false or misleading information. I still don't like LS swap builds going on here but I've been overruled.

That said I think, even if you did all the bolt-ons possible, you might see a 40-50 hp increase. Full exhaust with long tubes would be the best but ground clearance would be an issue. Gears is another good choice. Personally I'd go with 3.73s for daily and 4.10s if you are a weekend warrior. No HP increase but you'd feel it in torque. Air flow helps. Cold air. It's nominal but a piece of the puzzle. Getting air in and out so they work together in a sort of symbiotic relationship.

Last edited:
It's a Cobra engine. When you said 02 it threw everyone off. That's all.

This is the problem, people don't read. I didn't say that but because I actually read the thread and figured out what the guy wanted I was able to answer some pretty basic question which was essentially "how do i get more power out of this engine?".

This is a really good lesson in reading posts instead of just jumping on a bandwagon to give people :poo: for then spending a bunch of posts justifying being a dick to a new guy just looking for some info on a fairly uncommon situation.

that said, the answer is straightforward. full exhaust, intake, and tune.

looks like a jlt intake will fit and i'd be surprised if a set of JBA headers didn't fit, they hug the engine pretty well.

if you look into the cars it looks like they used ALL the ford body harness/engine stuff so its basically a cobra wrapped in a track suit or whatever.

This is the problem, people don't read. I didn't say that but because I actually read the thread and figured out what the guy wanted I was able to answer some pretty basic question which was essentially "how do i get more power out of this engine?".

This is a really good lesson in reading posts instead of just jumping on a bandwagon to give people :poo:. that said, the answer is straightforward. full exhaust, intake, and tune.

looks like a jlt intake will fit and i'd be surprised if a set of JBA headers didn't fit, they hug the engine pretty well.
I get it and I did read. For some reason all of the posts didn't load for me originally. When I was tagged yesterday I remember making the comment then came back to see it after he had clarified what he had. I apologize to @kgraves779 . My explanation and suggestions are above. :)

Reactions: 1 user