Cadillac ATS Brembo calipers

no worries, I think/hope they will work for you, but can only compare them to what I have. Here's the link to my thread with the post about part numbers, etc.

• Sponsors (?)

A lot of sellers are mixing photos of the two up. The XTS and ATS are similar but not the same. The XTS uses a 13.6” rotor in its original setup, while ATS uses 12.6, so there are differences in size and height of the calipers.

XTS on left, ATS on right in all pics

0F7CA0DB-36F9-4E03-A4AB-8AD338828497.jpeg

6AEFD20C-7764-41F2-B031-00B36DA2B8C5.jpeg

F91F3EEF-946B-4C96-BA36-3B4B149BACC7.jpeg

They use the same exact brake pads and hardware. The XTS is physically bigger with a more pronounced curve. The ATS Caliper has two notches on the top curve that makes it easy to ID vs the XTS

A lot of sellers are mixing photos of the two up. The XTS and ATS are similar but not the same. The XTS uses a 13.6” rotor in its original setup, while ATS uses 12.6, so there are differences in size and height of the calipers.

They use the same exact brake pads and hardware. The XTS is physically bigger with a more pronounced curve. The ATS Caliper has two notches on the top curve that makes it easy to ID vs the XTS
AWESOME!! Thank you so much...this definitely helped a lot! I have the one on the right so this will definitely work out. Looking forward to doing all this to my car once I can get back down to Florida to get my car. I am currently in NY unfortunately, stuck here with all this COVID 19 crap going on!...I am a fireman up here in NY, have 2 yrs left to retire--cant come soon enough!

So Cobra rotors will be my best bet? What year Taurus calipers is everyone using? Also I found a guy on Facebook making the kits to mount these calipers on sn95 spindles...almost the same stuff as in the forum..I can't post his info if anyone would like it? Charges 175 for the kit shipped!
Thank you guys again for all the help-hope you all stay safe!
John

no worries, I think/hope they will work for you, but can only compare them to what I have. Here's the link to my thread with the post about part numbers, etc.

Great! Thank you-I appreciate all your help.
Stay safe out there
John

AWESOME!! Thank you so much...this definitely helped a lot! I have the one on the right so this will definitely work out. Looking forward to doing all this to my car once I can get back down to Florida to get my car. I am currently in NY unfortunately, stuck here with all this COVID 19 crap going on!...I am a fireman up here in NY, have 2 yrs left to retire--cant come soon enough!

So Cobra rotors will be my best bet? What year Taurus calipers is everyone using? Also I found a guy on Facebook making the kits to mount these calipers on sn95 spindles...almost the same stuff as in the forum..I can't post his info if anyone would like it? Charges 175 for the kit shipped!
Thank you guys again for all the help-hope you all stay safe!
John

That's the kit I have for the spacers and bushings, [email protected] is the email I have for him to order the kit. I got my rear calipers off rock auto (part numbers in link to my thread) from I think a 93 Taurus... which I think is the same year/model I used for the front tie rods for my Termi steering rack on my 92.

That's the kit I have for the spacers and bushings, [email protected] is the email I have for him to order the kit. I got my rear calipers off rock auto (part numbers in link to my thread) from I think a 93 Taurus... which I think is the same year/model I used for the front tie rods for my Termi steering rack on my 92.
Cool...thank you and yup thats where I got my kit spacer and bushing kit from...I will look more into your thread for the part numbers on the taurus stuff. Thank you agin for all the info...you both have been a huge help! Liking this forum a lot already!

Reactions: 1 user
Ok and where would I find those? This using an sn95 rear? Is there any info on how to do this? Sorry again kind of new to all this using brakes from different cars.

What are you using for rear disk brakes? Should be using the 11.65” rotor and calipers from an 94-98 cobra.

Where the Taurus Caliper come in is that the Caliper portion of the above setup is replaced.

So in this pic, my setup is purely cobra brakes, except I swapped out the Caliper fit the Taurus 43mm unit (the bare cast Caliper in pic)

173E54A8-58BE-4FCB-B93D-70549FDE9DBC.jpeg

The red Caliper and bracket are the cobra parts, along with pads and rotor

Makes sense?

Yes makes sense for sure...Looks great! So far I'm still on stock 4 lug...havent got anything for the rear yet, working on getting some parts now and want to get the right stuff. I pretty much have everything for the front, just need the rotors and the brake line kit from MM. Can I do the front with the Cadillac brembos and keep the drums till I get all the parts for the rear disc swap or do I need to do everything at once? (I have 5 lug axles and drum setup that someone gave me) Will the stock master cylinder work if I just do the front temporarily? What exactly do you recommend for the rear? Should I just get a whole sn95 rear end or convert the fox body rear? Im assuming its easier to just swap rear ends. Thanks
mustang.jpg

I do not think there is a master cylinder that will work with rear drums and anything bigger than the stock Fox front calipers, I'm pretty sure that will be dangerous. Your best bet is to use the axles and get a disk swap for the rear then do it all right the first time... good looking car though!

• Agree
Reactions: 1 user
I do not think there is a master cylinder that will work with rear drums and anything bigger than the stock Fox front calipers, I'm pretty sure that will be dangerous. Your best bet is to use the axles and get a disk swap for the rear then do it all right the first time... good looking car though!
Yeah you're probably right...and thank you about the car...I will see what I can find for a disk swap...was thinking about the kits from North racecars...I will check around and see what I can find...Tank you both agin for all your help...its much appreciated

Ok so I'm back LOL....got my calipers painted, just waiting for stickers to come so I can put them on and clear coat them. What master cylinder are you guys using? Cobra master cylinder? Are you guys using a 93 Cobra brake booster like I see a lot if guys running? I see some guys using SN95(V8 or V6) master and brake booster...What would you guys recommend I use?

Ok so I'm back LOL....got my calipers painted, just waiting for stickers to come so I can put them on and clear coat them. What master cylinder are you guys using? Cobra master cylinder? Are you guys using a 93 Cobra brake booster like I see a lot if guys running? I see some guys using SN95(V8 or V6) master and brake booster...What would you guys recommend I use?

I've got a 94/95 V8 master (non-cobra) on mine, and I'm in the process of the swap which I hope to complete this weekend, just been too busy the last few weeks to finish. I'll have the master mentioned, brembo fronts, and 43mm rears. I'll report pedal feel after done and can drive.

Maybe you can help me. I bought XTS calipers thinking I was getting ATS calipers, and I have them mounted on my car already. My question is, is it ok to run my cobra 13 inch rotors? Or, should I buy bigger rotors? Or sell them, and buy ATS calipers?

Maybe you can help me. I bought XTS Calipers thinking I was getting ATS Calipers, and I have them mounted on my car already. my question is, is it ok to run my cobra 13 inch rotor? Or should I buy bigger rotors? Or sell them, and buy ATS Calipers?

The 13' rotor is too small for the XTS caliper. If they are mounted on your car? What rotor are you running?

I used a 2007ish GT500 14" rotor.

The rotor clearance to the caliper is tight. To center it, I had to machine a time bit of the caliper mounting face off at a time. I know the ATS kit comes with a spacer, but the ATS caliper is only fitting a 1.1" thick cobra rotor in the rotor channel, so a lot more forgiving. The GT500 Brembo is 1.25" thick, and the rotor channel on the XTS calipers is maybe 1.4". It's tight.

Looks badass though (rotor on right is the 13" cobra rotor)

004da454-953e-467e-b023-7983607ea200-jpeg-jpg.jpg

The 13' rotor is too small for the XTS caliper. If they are mounted on your car? What rotor are you running?

I used a 2007ish GT500 14" rotor.

The rotor clearance to the caliper is tight. To center it, I had to machine a time bit of the caliper mounting face off at a time. I know the ATS kit comes with a spacer, but the ATS caliper is only fitting a 1.1" thick cobra rotor in the rotor channel, so a lot more forgiving. The GT500 Brembo is 1.25" thick, and the rotor channel on the XTS calipers is maybe 1.4". It's tight.

Looks badass though (rotor on right is the 13" cobra rotor)

004da454-953e-467e-b023-7983607ea200-jpeg-jpg.jpg

I currently have cobra 13 inch rotors. I wonder if i can find a larger rotor but with similar specs to 13 inch cobra.