Roush Chicane 66mm pulley?

Mstng2

Founding Member
Jun 27, 2002
- - Zion - -
In real world terms (say 1/4 mile) what does the pulley gain me? I have it on now and am thinking about taking it off for Safety reasons (not blowing the motor) until I can save up for a Dyno tune and SCT. What am I going to lose HP, feel, 1/4 mile?
Thanks.

• Sponsors (?)

Mstng2 said:
In real world terms (say 1/4 mile) what does the pulley gain me? I have it on now and am thinking about taking it off for Safety reasons (not blowing the motor) until I can save up for a Dyno tune and SCT. What am I going to lose HP, feel, 1/4 mile?
Thanks.

It gave me like 25whp and I went from a 12.9@108 1/4 to a 12.6@110...
You can definatley feel the torque but I didnt really notice the topend hp...

So Maybe a tuner (If we have any that are members) can answer this. If I have to detune (take out timing to prevent ping) then I lose some HP. Or I reduce the pulley size keep the timing but lose power to lower boost. Whats the differance? What is the better route?

The Demons live at WOT and or high RPM and that's where you run into fuel and timing probs. As long as you keep your foot outa it until you get your tune you should be ok. As for 25 hp with that pulley alone that sounds about right. I know Joe well. You are making most of your torque down in the 4,000 range anyway and that's that little extra seat of the pants feel from that extra hp from that pulley if any. You feel the torque not the hp.
For the record, I would not run that pulley until I could get a tune but that's just me. Probably the old man in me.

Hey Marcus or anyone for that matter, when you put Joe's at Chicanes Pulley on the car, do you need to change the belt also?? I've got a 176-161 Belt on my car!

Nah,

You don't need to change the belt to run that pulley. Todd, if you take the belt off can you rotate the pulley on the shaft like it has play back and forth until it stops. Some of the Series I and II blower cars get that play in the pulley between the key stops. Check it out before you swap the pulley.

sct tunner here

the gains should be around 20-30 depending on the tune. I usualy keep my sc cars around 11.5 -11.9 on the street not dyno huge difference. Remember eaton m90s with more boost more heat. I know a guy with a s2 blower automatic ran 12.2 at 111mph with boltons. Remember too autos are faster they do not lose the boost, thats why buick gn's and lightnings run so fast as well. I ran 11.9 at 114.8 with my s4 blower stock exhaust 14deg of timimg. Cant stress enough with a blower car you have to launch hard and shift fast to run a good time. [email protected].

even with a belt change I saw alot of belt slip, particularly uptop. There is a guy named "mosaleen" on a few forums that came with a tensioner for these cars and it works awesome. I use the chicane pulley, his tensioner and a 112inch belt. Takes a little muscle but it'll go on, and i've been slip free since its install. It also helped with throttle response in a big was as well.