Dad is trying to sell my car...

grey5.0beast

Cookies should never be DUNKED!!!
Aug 3, 2004
atl ga
My dad is an ******* and we don't always get along well. Tonight we got in a fight so I just left and he tried chsing me in his lincoln but I lost him. He called and I didn't pick up then he text messaged me saying if I don't come home, my car is goiing up for sale. I didn't believe him, but he out it for sale in a few local places and took my keys from me... dammit he's a dick

but he has it listed for 10k so I hope he doesn't get any bites

• Sponsors (?)

timeless2 said:
You can always pull a part so it doesn't start when someone comes to look at it. Who wants to buy a car that doesn't start? :D

Seriously...

1. Take out the distributor rotor.
2. Disconnect the fuel relay in the trunk.
3. Remove the coil wire
4. Disconnect negative terminal on the battery.
5. Pull out all of the fuses

He's a pretty good hobyist mechanic, I'd think he'd notice and he said he disabled so I couldn't drive it, I'm pissed, I have to drive a friggin van to work, I guess I'll take the damn bus...

diablostang said:
Don't bite the hand that feeds you.

Or it'll own you.

True but for arguments sake.. If someone gives you something as a gift is it right for them to take it away just like that?

It's like saying "I bought you a Camera and if you're not good im going to take it back and sell it on you"... He is you'r father and all.. but as a person I think that is not right.. One thing does not count towards another.. But that is parents for ya. Basically if you don't obey you'r parent they can take away something important to you as a result.

Also it must of been something big to get this to happen I'm assuming:bang:

there's a relay under your drivers seat disconnect that and the car is dead to the world...................

thats what i do when i leave it some where for long periods of time like my uncles house i dont trust my family:)

he's your father, give him more respect, stop being childish, and don't run out of the house and make him chase you in his vehicle.

if you were my kid, i'd do the same damn thing if you had the nerve to run from me in your car.

if you're under age, you're behavior can only be excused by abusive parents. If that's not the case, grow up a little, and hopefully you'll learn your lesson from this.

Sorry to be so harsh, but that's reality.

v8only said:
he's your father, give him more respect, stop being childish, and don't run out of the house and make him chase you in his vehicle.

if you were my kid, i'd do the same damn thing if you had the nerve to run from me in your car.

if you're under age, you're behavior can only be excused by abusive parents. If that's not the case, grow up a little, and hopefully you'll learn your lesson from this.

Sorry to be so harsh, but that's reality.

thanks Dr. Phil.... lol :p ...give him a break, you were a kid once too and you did something stupid, Ive done the same thing, not in a car, but still. Just apologize and try to kiss his ass a little...as much we (meaning us teenagers) dont like to admit it, we are PROBABLY wrong...but not always :D

Are you ****ing kidding me? You RAN away from your dad in your car, he chased you in his car, and you can't figure out why he's going to sell your car. :rolleyes:

Like said before, don't bite the hand that feeds you.

So wait, is it even your car? What I mean by "is it your car" is did YOU pay for it? If not, Iam not seeing a problem. If I got into a fight with my dad and sped off like it sounds you did he would call the cops on me and I actually PAID for it and everything done to it...

we've all done some crazy stupid **** in our youth, and I'm certainly a shining example of that. I've gotten into a million arguements growing up with my parents, but I always, ALWAYS had respect for them, and did what they told me to, even if I didn't agree with it. Youth who cannot respect their parents are in for a troublesome life.

I find it hilarious how parents are starting to text their kids. The only way my friends parents can get ahold of him is texting him hahaha I think its hilarious.

But yea, at 10k your car is not selling, and try calling the number and make a few fake meetings, when no one shows up hell be so pissed he'll just take it off the market and forgive you :)

mob said:
I find it hilarious how parents are starting to text their kids. The only way my friends parents can get ahold of him is texting him hahaha I think its hilarious.

But yea, at 10k your car is not selling, and try calling the number and make a few fake meetings, when no one shows up hell be so pissed he'll just take it off the market and forgive you :)
hahahah thats an awesome idea!

v8only said:
we've all done some crazy stupid **** in our youth, and I'm certainly a shining example of that. I've gotten into a million arguements growing up with my parents, but I always, ALWAYS had respect for them, and did what they told me to, even if I didn't agree with it. Youth who cannot respect their parents are in for a troublesome life.

I agree, Id never take off with my dad chasing me haha. I honestly think it has to do with religion. I dont believe in religion or god or any of that, but for kids I think its necessary for them to believe in that so they can learn good morals. Kinda like santa clause, and the tooth fairy, etc. Religion is all about morals these days, alot of the time if you see a good faithful person they have good morals and are good people, you see a person who dosen believe in religion, or isnt faithful, dosent go to church, etc. they usually have problems respecting people.