Dad is trying to sell my car...

hey 5.0beast who has the title to the car? You pay the insurance dont you? My parents told me that if I didnt do good in school this year they are going to sell my car, I bought it but dad has the title, and pays the insurance, so im kind of stuck!! Just tell them that they will wake up to a water hose everyday for a year. Worked well for me!!

• Sponsors (?)

I see where your coming from...but my dad was a Marine and his platoon leader nonetheless...I would rather go to hell than piss him off lol not saying he was like abusive or anything like that, hses a great dad but he has absolutly 0 toleration for disrespect or just sheer stupidity...

u too huh?
my old man was Lt. Col and if I pulled that stunt he would have called the car in as stolen and let me spend the night in lock up if the cops got to me.

stykthyn said:
I see where your coming from...but my dad was a Marine and his platoon leader nonetheless...I would rather go to hell than piss him off lol not saying he was like abusive or anything like that, hses a great dad but he has absolutly 0 toleration for disrespect or just sheer stupidity...

u too huh?
my old man was Lt. Col and if I pulled that stunt he would have called the car in as stolen and let me spend the night in lock up if the cops got to me.

lol ....yep :nice:

mob said:
I agree, Id never take off with my dad chasing me haha. I honestly think it has to do with religion. I dont believe in religion or god or any of that, but for kids I think its necessary for them to believe in that so they can learn good morals. Kinda like santa clause, and the tooth fairy, etc. Religion is all about morals these days, alot of the time if you see a good faithful person they have good morals and are good people, you see a person who dosen believe in religion, or isnt faithful, dosent go to church, etc. they usually have problems respecting people.

I agree 100%

I would never raise my child without religion even though i don't beleive in God or religion at all myself.

why? Because religion, as wrong as i beleive it is, does teach you good morals and in general how to live life as a better person. When my child grows up, they can make up their own views just as i had done.

I haven't read everything yet but let me say this, my dad is a cheap bastard, he pays for NONE of my ****. If anything he is disrespectful to me, for instance I bought a brand new pair of white kswiss's, the next day he wore them mowing the lawn! He gets angry very easily when he gets a few beers in him, so I just leave. He has taught me to pay for my own stuff, including clothes and insurance and gas, even the car which I bought from him. My parents also got in a fight which also led me to just leave and get some fresh air.

I am a practicing catholic, I am a good kid, make almost straight As, never been in trouble with the police until this summer when my friend's were retards and I got instigated in something I had virtually NOTHING to do with. Me and my dad have talked since then and he took it off craigslist. Yes the title is in my dads name, that way it stays a one owner car and I pay 34 bucks for full coverage per month. ALL of my paycheck either goes towards gas, insurance, clothes, etc. or something else for my car. How many teens have THEIR car in THEIR name???

I don't have my car in my name, but I think the title is getting switched to be in my name pretty soon. I'm 18, going on 19. Only reason it wasn't in my name is for insurance reasons like yours. Family problems changed that though, so I guess I'll be the official owner of my car soon.

i did something like that and my dad wouldent SELL the car but would GIVE it to first one to look at it with the for sale sign. :nonono: i think it was smart on my part.

hints why i gave him the keys to lock up to save my self from doing something i would regret.

how much money have you put into the 5.0? grey5.0beast?

also. running from your problems wont fix them :lol:

but instead of doing something drastic like getting in a fist fight with him, I took my time to cool off and for him to cool off so I could talk to him in a civilized manner later.

The money I have in my car
3000 for the car
4700 or so in paint and body and deductible for ins.
250 for headlights and fog lights
100 for carpet
180 for shifter
250 or so for exhaust and tails
120 for H pipe
500 or so in tires
700 for new top
around 300 for gears and everything involved in that
countless fluid changes, an alternator, and other random tuneups and fixes.
added up thats $10,100 off the top of my head, thats probably more than 12k overall not including insurance and gas

Father or not, someone tries to take away 12k from anyone and chances are theyll get killed. Stoped spending money on the stang and move out.

how bout tapping the fuel cut off box 1 good time with the end of a screwdriver. If he doesnt know how to reset it, it just wont start up. and if he ever asks if youve taken anything off you can honestly say no.

poneypower89 said:
I own my car... and live in my own place...

BUT IF i were to have done that with my stang and run from my dad... he would have caught me. Its hard to out run 700 hp and 900lb tq :rlaugh:

:jaw: of course your gonna give us specs on the engine and what car it is right....

I can't think of one good reason to escalate into a fist-fight with my pops, other than him attacking my mother or something. Aside from the fact that I was no match for him physically (6'3 260ish, naturally muscular, to my 5'10 150-160) there are things you just don't do where I come from. However, we have always had a good relationship so obviously your situation is different. Hope you can work it out.