Dad is trying to sell my car...

Um...sounds lil silly to me...who pays the mortgage? bills? insurance? pays for the car? When the answer is you to all the above, then you get to make the decision. I left home at 16...now MANY yrs later I fully appreciate my fathers point of view, go home and fix it.

• Sponsors (?)

mob said:
I agree, Id never take off with my dad chasing me haha. I honestly think it has to do with religion. I dont believe in religion or god or any of that, but for kids I think its necessary for them to believe in that so they can learn good morals. Kinda like santa clause, and the tooth fairy, etc. Religion is all about morals these days, alot of the time if you see a good faithful person they have good morals and are good people, you see a person who dosen believe in religion, or isnt faithful, dosent go to church, etc. they usually have problems respecting people.

I agree with the not believeing in go or religion stuff..but i think good, strict parents are more important imo. I mean hell if I did that, the car would be the least of my concerns :rolleyes: lol

If my kid did that to me....I'd pack his shiit and send him to his mothers house without the car....and tell him he can figure out how to go to college on his mothers dime, college fund just bought daddy a toy!!!:rolleyes:

Lyncher said:
I agree with the not believeing in go or religion stuff..but i think good, strict parents are more important imo. I mean hell if I did that, the car would be the least of my concerns :rolleyes: lol

I disagree, kids are ALWAYS right, stubborn, and on top of everyone, EXCEPT god, if they believe they will go to hell they may not be perfect but will atleast have good morals, parents are imporatnt, but once you get to the age of 13, who listens to their parents?

Ha when i was 17 my dad was drunk and i came home late and we got in an arguement then he said he was taking my car off me and then it led to a fist fight and me knocking his ass over the railing of the upstairs steps diddnt talk to him much for 2 years. He cleaned his act up and no we are a ok..

RsStanG1987 said:
Take the kick panel off and un hook the ground wire for the computer.
That won't work, it is only the ground for the foil shield for the TFI wiring. The computer has its own dedicated power ground. It is a black cylinder about 2 1/2" long by 1" diameter with a black/lt green wire. It looks kind of like an inline fuse holder. You'll find it up next to the starter solenoid where the wire goes into the wiring harness.

mob said:
I disagree, kids are ALWAYS right, stubborn, and on top of everyone, EXCEPT god, if they believe they will go to hell they may not be perfect but will atleast have good morals, parents are imporatnt, but once you get to the age of 13, who listens to their parents?

You know when your kids are getting more mature when they quit saying "How did you live so long and be so stupid? and start asking your advice and saying "Gee Dad, that's pretty smart". :rlaugh:

88 Fox GT said:
Are you ****ing kidding me? You RAN away from your dad in your car, he chased you in his car, and you can't figure out why he's going to sell your car. :rolleyes:

Like said before, don't bite the hand that feeds you.
x3 you would say the same thing someday, just talk to him and ask if you and him can come to an agreement to keep the car, he thinks if you run from him, what else might you do and get hurt in the car

At this point in my Mustang career, I would not hesitiate to buy a Fox with as clean a body as yours just becuse it wouldn't start. Pulling off parts to sabbotage it wouldn't scare me away.

Hopefully you can resolve the differences with your parents and move on with your life.

I bought my oldest daughter her first car. Granted it wasnt a Mustang, but when we gave it to her it was made very clear that if she screwed up bigtime she wouldnt have a car. Needless to say we didnt have to cross that bridge. I know one thing if my kid would have done that to me, and refused to reconize the error of their ways I would consider selling it also. The simple fact is that when your young you need consiquences for poor actions.

Let me just preface this by saying that I'm not judging you or trying to preach. It's just a different perspective.

But, unfortunately, you made an old cliche come true. Parents of 'boys' (for lack of a better term; I mean no disrespect by using it) always worry about what kind of trouble they will get in to--especially when they are driving, and especially when it's a fast car. You've given your father reason to suspect/fear that you may do something dangerous in your car--whether it's for kicks or to avoid trouble. Can't really blame him, that's the option you chose this time. Was he really 'chasing' you in his car, or just following you? YOU made the choice to hop in your car after/during the argument.

Go to him and talk about it, but keep your cool. Don't let things escalate into a fight, that's what got this all started. Maybe you both have some apologizing to do.

Good luck, man. He's probably feeling worse about the situation than he lets on. I hope it all works out in a way that you can both feel good about. Take care.

Bryan

jacking with the car wont help any. just take it like a man now and see what happens.

Messing with it or TRYING to get it back will only make it worse. Just dont say anything. I bet your dad realizes how much you like your car. And if someone comes to buy it, and once it gets to the point where he has to seal the deal. I bet he wont do it. May not seem like it now. but i bet he will back down when it comes down to it.

mob said:

I see where your coming from...but my dad was a Marine and his platoon leader nonetheless...I would rather go to hell than piss him off lol not saying he was like abusive or anything like that, hses a great dad but he has absolutly 0 toleration for disrespect or just sheer stupidity...:nice:

Lyncher said:
I see where your coming from...but my dad was a Marine and his platoon leader nonetheless...I would rather go to hell than piss him off lol not saying he was like abusive or anything like that, hses a great dad but he has absolutly 0 toleration for disrespect or just sheer stupidity...:nice:

haha I get what your saying. People are different, I dont need god or religion to have good morals, and all you need is a dad that will make you expierence something worse then hell to keep you in line.

mob said:
haha I get what your saying. People are different, I dont need god or religion to have good morals, and all you need is a dad that will make you expierence something worse then hell to keep you in line.

this might be the first disagreement on stangnet that hasnt ended in a flame war! *Pats self on back* :nice: