Dad is trying to sell my car...

• Sponsors (?)

Went through similar thing when I was in high school, mid 90's. It was my second car, a 77 MustangII (yeah, I know:shrug: at least it had a V8). My parents and I were in one of our typical battles. Me & my mom, really. My dad and I were going at it over the phone! Anyway... my dad says that he's selling my car, that it's in his name, nothing I can do about it, and that he's keeping the money. Needless to say, I didn't like that idea, but I was stuck, my mom had snagged my keys and hidden them.

Well, not only had I paid for the car myself, but I'd done ALOT of work to it. So I did the only thing I could think of... I grabbed my tools and got to work. When my dad got home, the Stang was in the street on blocks. In the garage was every part I had bought for it, with the receipt taped on each one!

This included: The wheels & tires, Half the motor, passenger door, trunklid, steering wheel, shifter, stereo, all the brakes, the headlights, rear springs, exhaust, etc... The car was in his name, but those parts were mine, and I had proof. :mad:

When he got home, he was shocked, and said "forget it, keep the damn thing." So I stayed up half the night, putting her back together.

We get along great nowdays, but I'll remember that day till I die!

grey5.0beast said:
but instead of doing something drastic like getting in a fist fight with him, I took my time to cool off and for him to cool off so I could talk to him in a civilized manner later.

The money I have in my car
3000 for the car
4700 or so in paint and body and deductible for ins.
250 for headlights and fog lights
100 for carpet
180 for shifter
250 or so for exhaust and tails
120 for H pipe
500 or so in tires
700 for new top
around 300 for gears and everything involved in that
countless fluid changes, an alternator, and other random tuneups and fixes.
added up thats $10,100 off the top of my head, thats probably more than 12k overall not including insurance and gas
For some reason I don't believe ALL of this. You are 16, right? So you haven't really had a job where you clock in and get a paycheck until now, right?

I want to know how the hell you saved up 10k at only 16 years old.

Even with a minimum wage or close to minimum wage job, it would take at least 2-3 years to save up with part time hours.

Ny Mustang Guy said:
True but for arguments sake.. If someone gives you something as a gift is it right for them to take it away just like that?

It's like saying "I bought you a Camera and if you're not good im going to take it back and sell it on you"... He is you'r father and all.. but as a person I think that is not right.. One thing does not count towards another.. But that is parents for ya. Basically if you don't obey you'r parent they can take away something important to you as a result.

Also it must of been something big to get this to happen I'm assuming:bang:

Someone who gives you something then takes it back, oHHHH there is a name for them... you call them INDIAN GIVERS

LX93RiceKill said:
I want to know how he has "900 ftlbs" and a car that can handle it, and ONLY spent 10 Gs.

wow you need to reread teh thread buddy...
Beaast doesnt have 900 ftlbs lmfao that is some other guys father who ahs a car like that :nice:

Lyncher said:
wow you need to reread teh thread buddy...
Beaast doesnt have 900 ftlbs lmfao that is some other guys father who ahs a car like that :nice:

HAHAHA :rlaugh: I like it when my little comments confuse people.. gimmie 5 minutes and Ill post up some pics/info on the car...

either way.. where da ya live grey? I got 10 k burning a hole in my pocket :rolleyes:

1981 Ford Fairmont Futura (foxbody baby)
510 Cubic Inch Big Block (460 bored/stroked)
built c-4 auto

5.90's 1/8 mile @ 116 mph

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

I kinda wanna know where the money came from too. Ive been working since last july, and ive only pulled about 3k, of course about 200 of that still remains.

mob said:
I kinda wanna know where the money came from too. Ive been working since last july, and ive only pulled about 3k, of course about 200 of that still remains.

Its called christmas, birthdays, etc... + work..

Geezzz... dont ur guy's grandparents slip ya a couple bucks every now and then :rolleyes:

crap... ive been on my own for 3 years now.. and my grandparents STILL give me like 20 bucks for whatever reason at random times when I see em...too bad I only visit like once every three months.

poneypower89 said:
Its called christmas, birthdays, etc... + work..

Geezzz... dont ur guy's grandparents slip ya a couple bucks every now and then :rolleyes:

crap... ive been on my own for 3 years now.. and my grandparents STILL give me like 20 bucks for whatever reason at random times when I see em...too bad I only visit like once every three months.

lol xmas and bday money adding up to more then 9k? I doubt it. Plus this kid said he had to pay for everything in life, so him getting all that money would kinda be contradicting himself. My parents or family members never give me money, most i got was maybe 20 bucks on a bday from my gma, and maybe a video game from my parents when I was younger, i never expect anything from them because they dont owe me anything.

mob said:
lol xmas and bday money adding up to more then 9k? I doubt it. Plus this kid said he had to pay for everything in life, so him getting all that money would kinda be contradicting himself. My parents or family members never give me money, most i got was maybe 20 bucks on a bday from my gma, and maybe a video game from my parents when I was younger, i never expect anything from them because they dont owe me anything.
That's my point. I have nothing against grey5.0, but it's hard for me to believe that a 16 year old kid EARNED $10,000 in his life.

88 Fox GT said:
For some reason I don't believe ALL of this. You are 16, right? So you haven't really had a job where you clock in and get a paycheck until now, right?

I want to know how the hell you saved up 10k at only 16 years old.

Even with a minimum wage or close to minimum wage job, it would take at least 2-3 years to save up with part time hours.
exactly, except it took me 3-4 years, I knew it was going to be mine so I started saving early, all of my money went into a bank account that I saved from mowing lawns staring when I was 13. 40 bucks a lawn, two lawns a day, 4 days a week(over the summer). add it up. then I worked at a directory/newslettar place starting when I was 15 making 8 bucks an hour. now I make 7.75 an hour 30 hrs a week.

And slow95 your right, I wouldn't leave b/c I am underage working for barely enough to ay for all my **** that I have going on now.

if 14 in in the past ive had about a little over 10,000 earned in my time so far.

4 cars later i have about 1,000 left now.

most of it is called hard work and finding something your good at to do. i bought a car for dirt cheap had my dad help me paint it then i went to work on some other things and ended up selling it for over 4k.

i paid 400 bucks for it. so i thing i made a good profit. gave my dad 1k for helping me with it and banked all but about 500 of it. then found another clunker and did the same.

its a really easy way to make money if you know how to do the stuff it would need.