Detroit Area Mustang guys

• Sponsors (?)

Na5.0HO said:
Actually, I'm one of those "clowns" you see mowing the lawn at all the the executive buildings and test centers.. 'LOL' ...Had to get my foot in the door somehow, and it Does say FORD on my shirt! :rlaugh:

lol I wish I had a lawn mowing job at my plant. Ive got about 45 more years of seniority to go before I get something that good.

nmcgrawj said:
Thats sweet dale! Any update on that vette?

Yeah its coming along I guess. I took it out for a drive around the block the other day with open headers and pissed off all the neighbors. Its gotta go to the exhaust shop tomorrow. I took tomorrow off work so I could get it done in the morning. Hopefully it will be on the road tomorrow!!

Dale Royster said:
Anyone go to the all Ford car show at the barn today? There was about 500 cars there and I won first place in the 79-present modified Mustang class! Got a sweet trophy too!

My buddies went.. I had to work... one of them got 3rd in his class, possibly the same one not sure?? It's a black '02 GT with a cobra front bumper, chrome stock rims and a Vortech S-trim.... I love it!

Got my car running again and I must say I enjoy the sound of the E cam alott!!

Can't wait for the Dream Cruise! Maybe we can try to meet up next weekend if everyones going... :shrug:

Na5.0HO said:
My buddies went.. I had to work... one of them got 3rd in his class, possibly the same one not sure?? It's a black '02 GT with a cobra front bumper, chrome stock rims and a Vortech S-trim.... I love it!

Got my car running again and I must say I enjoy the sound of the E cam alott!!

Can't wait for the Dream Cruise! Maybe we can try to meet up next weekend if everyones going... :shrug:

Me and GT Jay are both signed up for mustang alley so Ill be there. You can probably still register for it if you can find the string on here with the email address. Jay might still have it someplace too.

nmcgrawj said:
sounds good, let me know how it goes. I will come by after work tomorrow if you get done.

Its on the road but the valvetrain is making tons of noise. I think the rocker arms have met there end. Seems like its running ok, but the carb is all out of whack. Thing seems super slow even tho its not really broken in.

Dale Royster said:
Me and GT Jay are both signed up for mustang alley so Ill be there. You can probably still register for it if you can find the string on here with the email address. Jay might still have it someplace too.

Here's the site that the guy I registered with for "The Alley" e-mailed me yesterday. Sounds like it's going to be a blast Friday and Saturday.

www.motorcityterminators.org/dreamcruise/

Hey Stangers.....first time in the Detroit area thread....theres more people than i thought there would be. I'll have to spend some more time here in the future and not so much in 4.6 modular. Getting my tri-ax in the next day or two along with these new gaskets this guy makes which alot of guys have tried and give thumbs up to :nice: next will be Mach 1 grille delete. Peace out my Stanger bro's....... :spot:

5.0guy said:
Hey all, my car got stolen this morning...be on the look out for it. Here's the thread I made..

http://forums.stangnet.com/showthread.php?t=494175

Sorry to hear that man, I'll keep a look out...

rpayne... looks like a good start, be sure to stick around.

Well, after the weeks of work on the stang... the engine is back in with all new gaskets, a new oil pump, E-cam and a new Spec Stage 1 cam.

Sounds great and pulls hard except for one thing... the slight ticking I originally heard which made me do all of this work is back!! WTF!!

I'm gonna try to retighten the rockers and hope it fixes the problem.
Hope its not a plugged oil galley...

Also, hope the rain stops so I can enjoy the Dream Cruise...

Jason :nonono:

Na5.0HO said:
Sorry to hear that man, I'll keep a look out...

rpayne... looks like a good start, be sure to stick around.

Well, after the weeks of work on the stang... the engine is back in with all new gaskets, a new oil pump, E-cam and a new Spec Stage 1 cam.

Sounds great and pulls hard except for one thing... the slight ticking I originally heard which made me do all of this work is back!! WTF!!

I'm gonna try to retighten the rockers and hope it fixes the problem.
Hope its not a plugged oil galley...

Also, hope the rain stops so I can enjoy the Dream Cruise...

Jason :nonono:

ya, this damn rain :bang:
i was at Mustang Alley today until about 3 .... after that I got sick of the rain...

and i dont feel like getting up that early tomorrow (they are taking people at 5:30 am until 9:30am!) Ughh.... For a saturday

I was in Mustang Alley all day today and went to the Ford events on Maple and Woodward. The rain pissed me off but I still had fun. The parade could have been better for the wait we had. Tommorrow should be a better day for sure. I am going to wake my ass up and wash the car tommorrow and see if I can get a decent spot on Mustang Alley.