Progress Thread Dsg Mach's Mustang

Got the car back last Thursday. They found a leak in the canister for the Evap system and replaced the orings. They also tightened the u join bolts on my driveshaft so it doesnt make a clanking noise at low speeds anymore. Feels like Im driving a new car. Thankfully didnt have to spend a lot. The only thing left is the light for the ABS keeps coming on randomly but I get no codes... Im wondering if I should replace the sensors up front?

Reactions: 1 user
  • Sponsors (?)

Went to H&R Block and did an estimate to see what I can expect to get for a tax return... Its a good amount of change but I'm skeptical. So this leads me to start thinking about supercharging... I don't know much about them except I know what a positive displacement and a centrifugal supercharger is... I would like to go Kenne Bell but I would have to get a whole new hood for the car and remove the shaker?

Although I could just get a drag setup for the car for about $1,500 or get a used truck for around $5,000 and not daily my Mach. Or better yet use the money to start fixing the 1968 Mustang we have...

Don't daily it and put a blower on it then go beat on it is my advice.

Buy a dependable daily and a set of big/littles and have fun. Save for next year then put a blower on it.

The positive displacement has better seat of the pants feels but typically (not always) the centrifugal cars are faster due to better top end performance.

I would get a good dd and slap a blower to it in a heartbeat. That's good advice.

Not that a blower is the end of reliability but it does make for a more finicky car. And more potential for things to go wrong. Over 400 hp to the wheel is complicated in the rain and such.

Put a blower on it and daily drive it. Win win. :banana:

I daily drive mine. Doesn’t make sense to me to spend a bunch of money on a car to look at it. :cool: spend the money on the car instead of other things.

I drive slower when it rains -it’s not a big deal, it is what you should do when it rains anyways. The only reason to get a daily is if your area gets snow or if you regularly need a larger vehicle to tow/haul stuff.

Disclaimer: the wife has an explorer to borrow for my tow/haul needs. I rarely need to borrow it.

Last edited:
Yeah the car blew up a clutch on its own N/A when I got it. Im afraid I'll break more :poo: when I supercharge it... I only want to push 6-8lbs of boost. Car is unknown if it has Forged internals or cast. Im betting its stock. My trans is rated to handle 700 hp when I ordered it I went overboard.

6lbs turns into 10lbs... Ask me how I know. :)

Build the car to support your HP goals. Sounds like you already have a trans but don't forget the rear end, suspension, and tires as well as any needed safety devices (Drive shaft loop at a minimum).

Maybe put the ole girl on a diet as well.

6lbs turns into 10lbs... Ask me how I know. :)

Build the car to support your HP goals. Sounds like you already have a trans but don't forget the rear end, suspension, and tires as well as any needed safety devices (Drive shaft loop at a minimum).

Maybe put the ole girl on a diet as well.

...and 10 turns to 12...and 12 turns into a chipped piston that unexpectedly fires out your tail pipe when your getting on the interstate.

Reactions: 1 users
Today my interior dome light wont turn off even when I lock the car with my remote. I checked the headlight switch and its not turned on even when I twist it does not turn off. I took the bulb out so it wont drain the battery... I dont know what to do to fix it. I sprayed WD40 on the door latches to see if it would fix it but idk if it will work.

Hi all well yesterday on the drive home from work my Mach started making a noise. It sounds like a loud ticking noise. I stopped driving it and called AAA to tow it home. When I got it home my dad listened to it and it sounded like a sticky valve to him. It drives fine and there is no loss of power. Oil pressure is normal and the oil is good. It is fairly loud though not like the typical tick that I heard about these cars having. I don't know much about fixing engines so I'm not sure what I will have to do to fix it... I have a buddy that rebuilds motors and he was going to offer to look at it. Im afraid my motor is trashed and I will have to rebuild it completely.

I dont know if I should take it to a shop or wait for when my buddy has free time to take it apart and fix it if possible. I thankfully have another car that my parents are letting me drive. So I guess I should be smart and wait for my friend... I just hate having my Mustang down.

If your buddy has a good track record with these engines then you should wait. If he screws it up and you have to take it to someone else it could be costly. Hopefully he is a good troubleshooter and can find the problem and explain it to you and your Dad thereby leaving a second opinion possible if needed.

Here's a video of it running with the noise. We wont start tearing into the motor until January or so because my buddy has to finish rebuilding his engine and trans in his Mustang.

Worked on my car and replaced most of the lash adjusters on the passenger side but there is one that is giving me trouble. The one that is giving me trouble is where the noise was coming from. The rocker wont go on the lash adjuster and I think I have a bad spring or valve.

Message_1516489145538.jpg

Message_1516489167353.jpg

Attachments

• 20180120_140836.jpg
    20180120_140836.jpg
    618.7 KB · Views: 177
Last edited:
Determined the valve spring is bad and will need to be replaced. I believe whoever did the cam swap on this car did not upgrade the factory springs. Looks like I will be replacing all of the springs on the car. I gotta get a small camera first to check the piston to make sure its not damaged...

Last edited: