Progress Thread Dsg Mach's Mustang

Here is a video of the car idling with the MAF disconnected. I have a ticking noise that I am not sure what could be the issue. One of the rocker arms was loose and didnt have a shim under the lash adjuster. When I put the lash adjuster under it the rocker arm was taught like it should be and not loose. I should of checked the other but I thought that was it. I am going to check when I can and put shims under the ones that are loose.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LWv_Mx9jWeY

Have you tried cleaning the MAF to have it idle better? I had the same issue with my Mach, and it cleared it up.

• Sponsors (?)

Well the idle problem is not important at the moment. The valve on the cylinder the shop worked on dropped and destroyed the piston. Shop refuses to do anything for me bc I worked on the car. I'm upset with myself for not taking it back but I lost faith in them when they said it sounded normal when the rocker was broken.

I pretty much dumped $1,300 on my credit card for nothing. I'm going to try and pull the motor and figure out if its worth saving. I thought about just looking for a new motor but I have to save up a lot of money. Its going to sit for a good while. Unless I pay off my 401k loan and then take out another loan. Or I can sell my guns but I don't want to.

I've never pulled an engine before. My best friend is a Mustang nut but he works 55+ hours a week so I don't know if he can help me. The shop wants $1,300 to pull the motor. I'm never going back to them again.

Based on your luck with this engine, i would find another mill and start with a clean slate. Funding is another factor. Do you have another ride for your daily? If so, wait til the money's right. Never sink yourself into debt for a hobby car. The car can sit for a bit til you get money together. Don't get into financial trouble over this car.

Well the motor dropped a valve and destroyed the piston. I sold the car and used the money to buy a car from my parents. Its nothing special. I have some money saved and I want to get to $5000 and look for another Mustang preferably a 1988-2004 with a V8. Foxes seem over priced so a 1996-98 GT would be nice.

Here's the car I'm driving. At least its manual.

Attachments

• IMG_20180411_130121.jpg
    IMG_20180411_130121.jpg
    559.1 KB · Views: 128
Perhaps it was for the best. I've had to get rid of cars that seemed cursed. Had a red 88 firebird. The thing kept getting hit. Even when parked. Loved the car but the world was conspiring to destroy it. You got a reliable driver now and there will never be a shortage of mustangs to pick up later for fun.

Yeah it sucks not having a fun car. My Jetta is really slow. I just need to save up and I will get another Mustang... Would like a Fox but they seem pricey. 96-04 Mustangs seem to be reasonable I just dont want a ragged out one.I do miss hearing a V8 with an x pipe though.