First start up using megasquirt.. 1992 5.0.

• Sponsors (?)

Looks way better than the first drive thats for sure. Looks to me like the ego correction is still too slow, you will want to increase the I term by 10

I reverted back to the 0v=7.35.1 5v=22.39 wideband settings. And it felt alot smoother and more crisp.. Also seemed to be making the "proper corrections" on time. So ill still bump the "I" terms up 10 and see how it acts with the factory wideband voltage scale. The next ride i do. Im gonna save this tune then try a veal analyze live on very hard.. Take it for a hour or two ride and see what it says.

Looks way better than the first drive thats for sure. Looks to me like the ego correction is still too slow, you will want to increase the I term by 10

so just to be clear ego correction in the datalogs... do the changes up mean ego correct (106)Plus 6% correction and the changes down ego correct remove (90) 10%? because the ego correction seems to be in the range of 106-90.. the whole ride

Rd yes that is how it works

Ok just wanted to make sure i was understanding it properly.. so ive got alot of cruise cells matchin the afr target.. and right now im tryin to figure out what to do about my idle when all the electrical loads are on the motor.. cause it was going good until the headlights fans and power inverter were all on... had a oscilating idle when stopped.. so now im reviewing datalogs tryin to figure out the best way to attack that problem lol

i think i might use the idle advance settings to help the idle when i have all the electrical loads on. Lights fan. inverter for laptop.. cause it was oscilating pretty bad.. 300rpm swing, so tomorrow i might set up my idle advance on load and add some timing when the loads exceed a certain point. i think that would be the right way instead of using the ac.fan idle up setting

Last edited:
so ive come to a conclusion about how to help my idle when stopped when all the loads are on the motor.. lights fans and inverter.. was thinking about using my idle advance settings. Gonna possibly use the adaptive setting. but instead of closed Loop PID i may set it to manual.. and have it come on when the temps up and when my revs fall below my rpm target. i noticed from a the datalog that my rpms swing about + 200 and - 160 when all the electrical loads are on... so im gonna set up my curve to add/remove 2.0,1.0,0,-1.0,-2.0 timing at rpms -200,-100,0,100,200 and my table to activate 2 seconds after i enter CL idle when rpms drop below target and engine is over 185* and when load is above 38% since i idle at 35kpa and with everything on it swings the load from 33.2 up to 43.3.. i just hope this is the right way to use this lol.. seems like the right thing to do in this situation.

Attachments

• 2019-04-07_19.43.40.msl-drive home april 7th.msl
    3.3 MB · Views: 57
you have to choose manual activation OR CL activation.... setting it to manual with a[n]
rpm of 1300
load of 30
temp of 180
delay ?

should get ya working

Ok so adaptive/adder. Condition manual. Tps below 2% rpm 1300 load above 30% clt above 180 and delay 2 seconds.. .. So that curve i set for it to follow. That should work well? If it dont work this way. Im just gonna use cl pid and have it set valve. Rpms the same but taper from 19 18 17 16 15. Cause it worked great when i had it set up that way

Last edited:
you can lower the activation time in manual all the way down to 0 seconds if needed... this makes it kick in right away

Ahh that i did not kno.. Ill try that then.. From lookin at the datalogs. Looks like my idle valve isnt high enough for hot starts. Maybe its time for me to do a chart and see where that should be adjusted too. Cause 18.8%pwm duty isnt holding hot starts at the proper idle.. Its more stable at around 25.1 as shown in the datalogs. I definitely have more work to get this right

tried a few settings before i left work to go home.. its alittle more stable then before didnt drop as much but im noticing my idle valve is doing alot of movement..

Attachments

• 2019-04-08_16.00.38.msl-april 8th trying to figure out stable idle with electrical loads.msl
    3.5 MB · Views: 57
HAHA i got it.... now i had to make a few adjustments but after playing with a bunch of different numbers i got my revs holding with all loads on the motor.. fans lights i mean all the electrical loads. had to do some weird adjustments but it works.. does not idle up and down no more.. the numbers when you look at them they look messed LOL but it works. the end of this datalog is where its gonna stay i think..

Attachments

• 2019-04-08_18.02.59.msl-april 8th changed idle adaptive settings to advance timing more on 150...msl
    3.5 MB · Views: 78
HAHA i got it.... now i had to make a few adjustments but after playing with a bunch of different numbers i got my revs holding with all loads on the motor.. fans lights i mean all the electrical loads. had to do some weird adjustments but it works.. does not idle up and down no more.. the numbers when you look at them they look messed LOL but it works. the end of this datalog is where its gonna stay i think..
Tune to review?

Reactions: 1 user
Honestly I just wanted to see, many ways to get the job done. If it works it works!

ahh i was waiting for you too tell me that it was too aggressive lol... im starting to realize that what looks good as numbers alot of the times doesnt work well for the engine.. alot of the settings when you look at the numbers its like.. nah that shouldnt work its all over the place. but in reality it works great.. kinda like 12345 doesnt work try 15243 and it does... if you get what i mean