Brakes Fitting A 93 Cobra Booster

Jamesrolls5point0

Oct 25, 2015
okay so long story short i was going to ask if its possible to fit a cobra booster (93) in to an 88 5.0 car, I've heard you have to beat the shock tower with a sledge in order to clear it in place. so i ordered the booster seeing if i was smarter then the average and if i could slip it in there, needless to say no it didn't fit, however if you oval the top left (upper passenger side one) hole it will slip in with a little tapping and wiggling. I have poorly documented my success and with that being said i wanted to share it with all of you

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_FY6PovUod8

• Sponsors (?)

Oh, I didn't even find that,I couldn't find anyone actually putting it in any type of video or anything , I remember seeing like one pic of one inside a 92 car but I know my year has some slight differences, hopefully this works for older models too, I'll probably make a much better, how to styled video tomorrow, I can't be the only person who likes to see a video of something before I tempt fate with rash decisions lol

I have one in my 92, it was not exactly easy to install but just takes some finagling to get it in there. However, if I am not mistaken I do recall some of the earlier models needing to hammer on the strut tower a little.

It's a bit harder on the pre-87 cars.

I got it into my 88 without issue. No hammering of anything. I removed my upper intake just for space, and slotted the studs. Slipped right in.

Harder part is getting the nuts back on under the dash.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: 1 user